“A pleasant surprise.”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Parry Sound
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“A pleasant surprise.”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Spent one night at the Inn on business. Very comfortable room, nicely furnished with WiFi. Had a very nice breakfast cooked by the Innkeeper Jeff. Would stay again when in the area. Very reasonably priced for two persons.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I had a pleasant, bright, quiet room. The inn was a a good place for my overnight stop and I will come back when I need to stay in the area. Bed was comfortable with nice bedding.
Innkeeper was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We spent two nights at the Bayside Inn recently, and we were left with a very good impression of this small hotel. We got the suite, to accommodate two adults + two young children (ages 3 & 8), which was good size, if a bit tight once we pulled out the sofa-bed. I'm not sure we would have been very comfortable if we had to spend a lot of time there with the kids, luckily the weather was amazing during our stay and we didn't spend more than an hour of awake-time in the room. The bathroom was small, but looked clean. We liked the room decor and furniture a lot - clean, sleek lines, no nonsense - it gave the place a very good feel.

Now, there is definitely some room for improvement. We were NOT blown away by the breakfast offered. Wonderbread (even if it's multigrain) and fruit spread don't make an impressive breakfast. No pastry or was on offer. The eggs took very long, as the owner was trying to cook, take phone calls, make reservations and take care of check-out all at the same time; and when the long-awaited eggs finally came there was nothing special to them. So really, nothing worth remembering food-wise, an I would recommend eating elsewhere. Also, there was some dust in our room. When my husband moved the curtains I could smell the dust, and they made him sneeze a few times when he was opening the window. The comforter we got for the sofa-bed had some strange stains that made me uncertain if it had been washed after the last guests. Other than that, the overall feeling in the room was that of a clean and well taken care of space.

The one disadvantage that can not be improved on, is the train rail running just outside the hotel. Our room was overlooking directly the rails. On our first night we opened the window to ventilate the room, but we were awaken a few times during the night by the train passing 200 feet from our window. For the second night we shot the windows, closed the curtains and turned on the AC, and we didn't wake up once. So I guess there is a solution to this nuisance, unless a person is very sensitive to noise.

Overall I would recommend this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the train rails.
1 Thank Bringing_the_kids
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Pros:

This is a small, B+B-type hotel (though the owners do not live on the premises). It seems to be a converted house. We had a king-sized bed in one of the attic rooms. The room was small, but super clean and very well appointed for its size. There was a bar fridge, writing desk and chair, two small club chairs, clock radio, ironing board and iron and blow dryer (which had a small nightlight on it - which came in handy as the room was very dark with the shades down).

I was traveling with our two children (ages 7 and 9) and though there was no cot available, there was a blow-up mattress that the kids fought over (!). I must say that the king bed was very comfortable!

Towels in the bathroom was amazing - thick and very absorbent (not at all thin, as you get in most hotels). Clearly new.

The hotel was conveniently located to both the main strip in Parry Sound and the waterfront.

There is complimentary coffee and tea in the dining room in the morning. They also serve breakfast and a continental breakfast (though we ended up going to Lil's on the main street).

Cons (though they were not make-it or break-it issues):

There was one small operable window in the room, and even thought the temperature was cool outside, the air did not circulate very well in the room. There was a window A/C unit however. There is no access to outside from the room (i.e. balcony). The room overlooked a street and railway tracks.

There was one train that went passed at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday and a second train that went by at 6:30 a.m. Friday morning. With the A/C going and if you are in a deep enough sleep, the train shouldn't bother you that much. There was another train that went by at 7:11 a.m.

As it is a small house-type dwelling, it is not an ideal location for kids. I was constantly being mindful of the noise level from both the kids and the tv. (Not that the kids were overly loud - just typical 7 and 9 year olds). This proved to be frustrating for both myself and, I am sure the kids. With no amenities in the building and other guests in such close proximity, it was tough to entertain them. (It was raining throughout our entire stay and it was hard to keep them quiet and occupied. There is a movie theatre in town which was playing two adult-themed movies). The owners did in fact mention that they do not get many children staying there - which is understandable.

Tillsonburg, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband, daughter and I stayed at this hotel over the August long weekend. It was very relaxing. The hotel is beautifully decorated and the rooms have ultra-comfy beds that you wish you could take home with you. The owner, Jeff, is friendly and very knowledgable about the Parry Sound area. We will be returning.

Orono, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is one of my favorite places to stay. We've gone twice now and it's so relaxing. It is a small inn with 12 rooms which also serves breakfast in a common room if you'd like. The decor is great, the beds and linens are top notch, the food is great and the owner seems like he's known you his whole life. You can walk down to the waterfront in a few minutes to all the restaurants and shops and take in the view. A great value for your money! I will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Moline, Illinois
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our first trip to Parry Sound. The rooms make you feel like you are at home and they are very clean. We had never stayed in a bed and breakfast before this, so I was a little nervous, but we loved it! if we ever make it back this way we will stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
#7 of 19 in Parry Sound
Town & Country Motel
Town & Country Motel
#5 of 19 in Parry Sound

Been to Bayside Inn? Share your experiences!