“Horrible, Filty - Don't eat here!”

Irving Big Stop Family Resturant
Ranked #9 of 76 Restaurants in Pembroke
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The sitting place is awful, you sit so close to each other, there are only few private booths available. They served us rotten milk and the food tasted like soap. We had food poisoning eating in this place. I never eat in a restaurant as filthy as this.

There are newer reviews for Irving Big Stop Family Resturant

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have been stopping at the Big Stop since the early 90s and the food has always been awesome. I understand there has been some changes in ownership and it shows. On this last visit the food was AWFUL. We had a Big Stop staple hot hamburger and hot turkey. Both were gross!!! The woman asked if I wanted white meat only or as is. Little did I know that as is was chopped frozen chunks of ONLY dark meat. In the old days it was slices of both. The fries were cheap frozen. The hamburger patty was cooked so hard even a knife wouldn't go through. I was terribly sad, since this was one of the last places you could get a good sized home cooked trucker style meal in the area.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was a little nervous about taking my family to eat at a gas station but this was the only place open after our late arrival.

The service was not great (I think the two waitresses were having a bit of a conflict - there was a lot of tension that spread throughout the restaurant).
The food was decent. We ordered burgers and fries which were not the best I've ever had but better than fast food. We also ordered dessert. The kids meals came with ice cream and the adults and teen ordered lemon meringue pie - the portion size was HUGE and tasted good.

The prices were very reasonable and we left satisfied.

While the food wasn't the best I have ever had it was better than some restaurants I have been to that charge twice as much.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I have eated at the Big Stop before. The food has always been average, what you would expect from a truck stop but very generous. This time the portions have been reduced and not very tasty.
I had the special and it did come with loads of turkey, It was not very moist and the gravy was just warm.
My husband ordered the hot hamburger platter. The two very small patties that came were obviously meant to go on a bun. They were dry and even the gravy couldn't rescue them. I really don't think we would return.

1  Thank skisheen
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Ordered Greek salad as offered on the menu. Came as a greek salad, but the waitress apologized that there was no Greek dressing, had to have zesty Italian.
Otherwise the service and food was good. In fact our waitress anticipated our needs for water and coffee refills before we had to ask. The turkey club was actually a chicken breast, but was very good.The Rueben sandwich was good.