“Great dinner after hockey all day”

Westwinds Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 76 Restaurants in Pembroke
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Westwinds Family Restaurant has been serving hotel guests and locals since 1989. The restaurant is located inside the newly remodeled Best Western Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre. In 2014 a complete renovation was completed to Westwinds making it a perfect compliment to the newly renovated hotel. Every guest who stays at the hotel also receives a complimentary made-to-order breakfast served at Westwinds.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great Jambalaya and Caesar salad for dinner. We also enjoyed our hot buffet breakfasts ever morning.

Dale G, General Manager at Westwinds Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear pankaj911SC, thank you very much! So happy you enjoyed your meals during your stay. I am also a Hockey Parent, and I can definitely appreciate the value in a full service hotel offering a hearty breakfast during those tournament weekends. Best of luck the rest of the season, see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Westwinds Restaurant

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Love this restaurant! Chef and his team are great. Meghan and her gals are absolutely amazing! They make me feel right at home everytime I am there. They are sharp, attentive, and very accommodating. I pretty much eat there every day when I am in town. They know my drink and what I like to order. They make me feel like family. Can't wait to go back.

Dale G, General Manager at Westwinds Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear FrequentFlyer470, WOW, thank you so much! We appreciate your kind words, and please know that you definitely are part of our Family. See you again soon!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had a terrible dinner experience with the west winds restaurant on Valentines evening for dinner, of all times it had to be at this time. The service sucked big time, waitress was very disorganized, rude when we would ask her a question,she got mad and just brushed us off to another waitress, their attitude was crap. Some of us didn't get our full menu, missed our appetizers, our Caesar salad was made with iceberg lettuce . As for the food it was ok, nothing I would recommend to anyone. We have had different celebrations there but never had this kind of service. Never never again till hear more positives comments....

Dear red31, thank you very much for your review, and your feedback. I am very happy we were able to connect by phone earlier today, and once again, we are truly sorry we were not able to provide you with a superior experience. I enjoyed speaking with you and understand your frustration, it is my sincere hope you will accept our offer and allow us another opportunity to provide you with the fantastic service and quality you've come to expect from Westwinds Restaurant. Once again, thank you for your feedback and for taking some time to provide further details, we appreciate your honesty and loyalty!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I’ve wanted to go to the new Westwinds for a while now, but I have to say that I should’ve waited longer. Like long enough for them to improve because in my opinion, that’s what they need to do.
Value: We went on a Thursday evening which offers a “half-price” menu. What I didn’t realize was that when we ordered the nachos, we only got “half” of them. (That’s a joke.) The original price is $13.95 which I would have a lot of trouble paying because of the amount we got, the very little cheese, and a tiny container sour cream and salsa on the side.
Quality: The Sweet Potato Fries were recommended. Frozen, really? Come on, I don’t get that. How about buying some at the grocery store and slicing them into wedges. I’m sure there would at least be flavour if they were done that way.
For dinner my friend ordered The Italian Job Burger which ended up being way too salty for her liking. I ordered The Swiss Burger. It was the BEST part of my meal, very tasty, and from what I found out from our waitress it’s made from fresh (not frozen) hamburger.
Overall, we were disappointed. I wanted to like you Westwinds, I really did. Maybe in time.

1  Thank Tanya Y

Dear Tanya B, thank you so much for your review and feedback. I am very sorry to hear that our menu didn't please you. You may be excited to hear that we will be featuring a new menu very soon, and we would love an opportunity to give you a sneak peek. Please give me a call at the Hotel and I will be happy to assist with this. Thank you again for your opinion, without it we can't continue to improve and grow!

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here with my baby and mom. She had the apple grilled cheese and I had the meatloaf sandwich with roasted tomato soup. It was all very good and service was excellent.

Dear Northerncowgirl, thank you so much for the positive comments! We are proud to be a "Family Restaurant" first and foremost, and always go the extra mile to please our guests, especially the little ones!