“Very very disappointed :( :(”

Westwinds Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 77 Restaurants in Pembroke
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Westwinds Family Restaurant has been serving hotel guests and locals since 1989. The restaurant is located inside the newly remodeled Best Western Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre. In 2014 a complete renovation was completed to Westwinds making it a perfect compliment to the newly renovated hotel. Every guest who stays at the hotel also receives a complimentary made-to-order breakfast served at Westwinds.
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had a terrible dinner experience with the west winds restaurant on Valentines evening for dinner, of all times it had to be at this time. The service sucked big time, waitress was very disorganized, rude when we would ask her a question,she got mad and just brushed us off to another waitress, their attitude was crap. Some of us didn't get our full menu, missed our appetizers, our Caesar salad was made with iceberg lettuce . As for the food it was ok, nothing I would recommend to anyone. We have had different celebrations there but never had this kind of service. Never never again till hear more positives comments....

Dale G, General Manager at Westwinds Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear red31, thank you very much for your review, and your feedback. I am very happy we were able to connect by phone earlier today, and once again, we are truly sorry we were not able to provide you with a superior experience. I enjoyed speaking with you and understand your frustration, it is my sincere hope you will accept our offer and allow us another opportunity to provide you with the fantastic service and quality you've come to expect from Westwinds Restaurant. Once again, thank you for your feedback and for taking some time to provide further details, we appreciate your honesty and loyalty!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I’ve wanted to go to the new Westwinds for a while now, but I have to say that I should’ve waited longer. Like long enough for them to improve because in my opinion, that’s what they need to do.
Value: We went on a Thursday evening which offers a “half-price” menu. What I didn’t realize was that when we ordered the nachos, we only got “half” of them. (That’s a joke.) The original price is $13.95 which I would have a lot of trouble paying because of the amount we got, the very little cheese, and a tiny container sour cream and salsa on the side.
Quality: The Sweet Potato Fries were recommended. Frozen, really? Come on, I don’t get that. How about buying some at the grocery store and slicing them into wedges. I’m sure there would at least be flavour if they were done that way.
For dinner my friend ordered The Italian Job Burger which ended up being way too salty for her liking. I ordered The Swiss Burger. It was the BEST part of my meal, very tasty, and from what I found out from our waitress it’s made from fresh (not frozen) hamburger.
Overall, we were disappointed. I wanted to like you Westwinds, I really did. Maybe in time.

1  Thank Tanya Y

Dear Tanya B, thank you so much for your review and feedback. I am very sorry to hear that our menu didn't please you. You may be excited to hear that we will be featuring a new menu very soon, and we would love an opportunity to give you a sneak peek. Please give me a call at the Hotel and I will be happy to assist with this. Thank you again for your opinion, without it we can't continue to improve and grow!

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here with my baby and mom. She had the apple grilled cheese and I had the meatloaf sandwich with roasted tomato soup. It was all very good and service was excellent.

Dear Northerncowgirl, thank you so much for the positive comments! We are proud to be a "Family Restaurant" first and foremost, and always go the extra mile to please our guests, especially the little ones!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were there on for their Wed. night pasta special, which is a very good deal. The quality of the food was also quite good,

Dear Ottawa_retiree, thank you so much for your review! We're very proud of our Feature Menu, and our Executive Chef is constantly adding new ideas and creative dishes to the mix. We hope you stop in and see us again soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times when i'm travelling up that way, it has always been good food and great service, it has recently(6 months ago??) gone through changes, a make-over, and a staff change, all the older staff they had i assume have been let go, and now have a younger look staff in there, this resaurant now sucks, service is brutal and have not been impressed with food yet, last visit i complained about my $12 breakfast, for $12 i excpect a pretty good breaky? it was very poor, the waitress, who's name tag said "supervisor" had very poor waitress skills, and did absolutley nothing for me except to say "sorry, maybe it will be better next time? is said i won't be back, and the restaurant has gone hill big time since "the change" and i've given it a few chances already, and still she did nothing

Dale G, General Manager at Westwinds Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Jane G, thank you for your feedback and review. We are very concerned with your comments, and would love an opportunity to speak with you in more detail about your experience. We have been receiving excellent reviews since the ownership change, and if we have not provided you with the best possible service we welcome the chance to do so in the future. Please feel free to call either myself or our Restaurant Manager, Meghan, at any time and we will be happy to discuss this with you. I am confident we can resolve these issues to your satisfaction. We hope to hear from you soon!