“Awesome addition to The Valley”
Review of 25 West Tap & Tapas - CLOSED

25 West Tap & Tapas
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was an outstanding discovery. While folks may complain about the limited wine menu, may I remind you it is called Taps and Tapas.....

The atmosphere was hip and vibrant; there was live music that was exceptional and added to the great vibe of the night. The crowd was 30-somethings who obviously have been making the weekend runs into Ottawa for something similar. Food was great - portions are large for a tapas bar, so I recommend ordering 2 for every 2 persons and then order more if you're still hungry. The duck sliders are to die for. The craft beer selection is small but very good! Prices are very good for quality and quantity.

Will likely become a regular hangout for a lot of folks!

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Being a brand restaurant new in downtown Pembroke, I am very impressed with the quality of the food and the efficiency of the staff.

It's a real easier to enjoy great food with excellent presentation.

I look forward to coming back time and again.

1  Thank Jaco B
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I tried out 25 West Tap & Tapas last night and had a good experience, but will probably wait a while to go back.

We entered the restaurant and were greeted by somewhat stressed staff who told us immediately "We have a no hat policy". Of course my husband would remove his hat but the instant remark came off as an abrupt, bad first impression. A request or perhaps showing us where we can leave our jackets or hats would have been more casual and welcoming.

Our server seemed very unconfident and didn't know much about the menu. We were asking about what meats were on the charcuterie platter - she had gone to ask other staff but came back with no more information. Our server, while new and nervous obviously did her best and we were pleased with the service she offered. Could have used a bit more attention to making sure we had drinks.

The food though was excellent.
1. Risotto balls - fantastic and dip too, crispy, creamy...
2. Bacon wrapped steakettes - delicious when they came out but once cooled slightly became a bit dry, so eat them asap!
3. Signature fries - happy to see the real shredded parmesan on them and the bacon ketchup was super tasty
4. Butter chicken in yorkies - unusual and totally yummy creation.

We would have like to see more traditional Spanish dishes but appreciated the creativity in the menu and I'm certain a lot of thought went into catering to local tastes.

We figured in the end that it may be slightly overpriced for the portions but it's obvious that a lot of preparation and details go into each dish and we were satisfied appetite wise after sharing those 4 dishes.

Overall, food was great, we do plan to go back but will probably wait until the wrinkles are ironed out. Would love to go on an entertainment night - lovely setting inside the restaurant and we're happy to see another restaurant pop up in Pembroke.

3  Thank EllenPdot
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We have gone to to 25 west many times and have enjoyed it every time. The food is good, great from sharing and we found the price reasonable for the type of restaurant and quality of food. We love the nights with entertainment! When we are there it feels like we are away from Pembroke for a while. Yes, the place has a few glitches- but I am sure once every gets sorted out 25 west will be the best night out in Pembroke!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This restaurant has just opened so we thought we would try it out. The staff was quite courteous and we didn't have a long wait. The wine list is limited but I had a decent glass of baco noir. My husband enjoys beer so he had a Rickard's Red. The menu is small plates so we chose 3 to start. The risotto balls were very good. The butter chicken was not very warm and not nearly as creamy as we like it. It comes on mini yorkies and that is a great idea. The calmari my husband ordered was good but a very small portion. My niece and her husband ordered the same thing and they got twice as much. The churros were delicious.
We will certainly return to try some of the other items. It is wonderful to see a new place in Pembroke with some different ideas.