“Janna does it right!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Gatineau, Canada
“Janna does it right!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I've been an avid customer of Janna's for the last year or so. Everytime that I come in, Janna provides me with a awesome beverage (I've tried the Chai Latte, London Fog, Hot Chocolages, italian sodas and more..)

The one thing I really love at Janna's is the Saturday all day breakfast for $5.50. It is a great breakfast & well worth it!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Caleb S

Ottawa
“It's About Time!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I visit Pembroke a few times a year for a personal retreat. Over the years, I had yet to find a decent 'coffee shop' where I could just sit and read/write. I found Janna's online and figured I'd try it, despite the construction going on with the bridge.
The restaurant is very clean. It's open and airy and has the perfect long wooden table right in front of the huge picture window.
I'm assuming Janna, herself, served me and she was very sweet. I could smell bacon in the air, but I really wanted something light. So I asked her if the chicken Caesar wrap was any good. She answered that 'people say it's the best in town'. So I ordered it, along with a side salad.
Dude.
The salad was served in a gorgeous clear bowl atop a clear plate (no mixing my salad dressing with my wrap!). The mesclun was fresh and crunchy (no wilted pieces!), the tomatoes were purple (cherry heirloom? obvious local shopper), and the cucumber was peeled. No one peels cucumbers, and I hate the skin. The greek dressing on the side was perfect, although I suspect it was from a bottle (high end like Renee's or Newman's Own). I had asked for a few olives to add to it, and I'm pleased to say they were real kalamata, not canned like so many places use = amateur). The wrap. Ohmygoodness. A warmed (not microwaved) tomato tortilla wrap, stuffed with perfectly cooked chicken - which had been seared, so it had that gorgeous little crunch on it's brown edges; thick chunks of bacon - not too salty; and the romaine was crisp and the dressing... not too much, not to little. The whole wrap was warm and juicy.
Price for wrap, salad and ice tea came to $12.45.
I give this lady 5 stars. Full day breakfast, fresh sandwiches, affordable, cozy atmosphere... I hope she lasts quite awhile. No stuffiness here, just good home-cooking.
I will be back for the soup next.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank toughgirl
Jannafortin, Owner at Janna's Gallery Cafe, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for this amazing review. It makes me feel proud to know that I have chosen the right path. Hope you stop in to see us soon.
Pembroke, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's Heavenly.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Since I've walked through the doors of Janna's a year ago I've become a regular enjoying breakfasts lunches but mainly the fresh coffee like no other. The service is exceptional, friendly, professional and sincere. There is no doubt that once you make a first visit you will desire to return for that soothing, enriching experience once again. Oh the power of the Java.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Wendy D
Pembroke, Canada
“Best coffee & muffin in Pembroke.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

All I purchase there is coffee (with espresso shot) and a muffin. The coffee is top drawer, there is no match in the vicinity. The muffins are quite good, home made and a welcome change from the fast food coffee shop fare.

• Visited April 2013
“A taste of the big city, meets small town”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have tried Janna's soups, wraps, latte's and desserts. My favorite soup is her Thai Curry Chicken. The desserts are fabulous and there is always a friendly smile. The art is fantastic check out the artists while having a latte

• Visited April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let others know of your wonderful experience. See you again soon.