“Stay here,if you want bad attitude and lousy wifi”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Pembroke
Belleville, Canada
“Stay here,if you want bad attitude and lousy wifi”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I am a platinum level member of choice hotels group, which only means that I am well aware of what to expect in a Comfort Inn; ie both the good and the bad.
BUT this particular location is the absolute worst!!!
I had stayed here before and wasn't happy, but thought it was an aberration as the property supposedly has won awards from the choice group, but second time was NOT the charm.
The people that work at the front desk are some of the rudest and most arrogant hotel employees it has ever been my misfortune to have to deal with.
The hotel does not provide breakfast, and when I asked, I was told...oh we have a coupon for the restaurant next door. If I didn't ask?? I declined, so I do not know if it was a discount or a free meal, either way I was not happy. All I wanted was a muffin and a coffee; especially considering this property is priced higher than most Comfort INN
I was driving a medium duty truck and was directed to park behind the restaurant next door, even though their lot only had a handful of cars. This leads me to believe the two businesses are jointly owned and the motel is driving business to the restaurant for breakfast.
No newspaper was provided.
Express checkout was not handled properly and when I asked to have it corrected the snooty manager at the front desk told me I was already checked out and nothing could be done to help me. I guess my displeasure was obvious and she said "have an amazing day"
Last but not least the wifi is so slow here it is unbelievable..think dial-up 1997
literally McDonalds free service is way way way better

Room Tip: stay at the Best Western or Holiday Inn or Travelodge if you are in Pembroke
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jody H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
On behalf of my entire team I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectation your last 2 stays. Your satisfaction is important to us and most importantly with your Platinum status as hotels, especially Choice Hotels are your home.

In 2014, our hotel will go through a major renovation with an addition of a breakfast room on property. It is my hope that you will re-consider staying with us again when you visit Pembroke so that we have a chance to make a first impression.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Waterloo
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has everything you could need - great location, affordable, friendly staff, clean, comfortable rooms, and a $5 voucher for breakfast each morning you are there. I stayed at this hotel with 10 people and we all agreed that we would return!

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Natalie R
CustomerServiceLove, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I will definately share this with our team- Next year we are excited to share that we will be renovated and for the first time have a breakfast on property. We hope to see you back to share in our excitement!

Jody
Germany
Reviewed September 26, 2013

had a great stay! The hotel is nice, the rooms comfy and clean and we got a $ 5 voucher for breakfast in the roadhouse next door. The staff was super nice! Pembroke is nice as a town. You need a car to go places though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank F V
Those 3 words definately explain the Comfort Inn Pembroke and what we strive for- Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I noticed that you mentioned the $5 breakfast coupons for the breakfast next door. What i would love to share is that we will be renovated next year and will be able to offer you breakfast on property. Stay tuned and share in our excitement- Sure hope to see you back real soon!

Whitby, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were here for an overnight with a few riders and it was a very nice, clean, comfortable hotel! Yes the decor may be a bit dated but it was well kept and did not take away from our enjoyment! Isnt that what its all about?! The front desk handled check in professionally and always with a smile, eventhough there was a huge line up! I am picky about the beds at any hotel I stay in but this was quite comfortable and LOVE the pillows! Had a great night sleep! It was perfect waking up with a Keurig coffee machine at your disposal! Brilliant!! No messing with pots, etc! Wish we had more time to play a round of mini golf, if the weather had cooperated! Oh and yes....the little rubber ducky in the bathroom was priceless! Instantly put a smile on my face after a long day! Thanks Nicole for keeping the unit clean! Would definitely stay here again when in the area!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Green146
This review brought a smile to my face as I could almost hear you as i read the review. I was quick to share this with the front desk and Nicole. Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Pembroke and I really hope you visit us again real soon. The exciting news is that we will be renovated in the early parts of 2014. Stay tuned for pictures and updates as you will find rooms renovated and a breakfast room on property.

Thanks again for the smiles

Forest, Virginia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is an older hotel. Period. Nothing is renovated or new. It is fine for a one-night stay and is in a good location in Pembroke. The morning/afternoon front desk staff was wonderful. They were very friendly and accomodating. The rooms and bathrooms were clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for writing this review-

Dear Guest,
I can't wait for you to see the something special that is going to be coming to the Comfort Inn Pembroke in the early months of 2014. All rooms will be renovated, we will be 100% smoke free and have a breakfast room on property.
Stay tuned all websites will be updated as soon as this happens.

Meaford Ontario
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is so unique that it has a pet friendly park right out back! They were extremely accommodating for my semi-physically disabled pet, by giving us a room on the first floor, so that my dog who can't do stairs was able to just walk out the sliding doors to the back park. The hotel was very clean, grounds are kept immaculate, the pillows were like heaven to rest your tired well travelled heads. They even gave us large doggy cookies at arrival. If you have pets, rest assured they will feel just like home at this hotel. Too many features to include. If ever travelling back to Pembroke again, this will definitely be where we will be staying! Thanks so much to the staff for all their help, and extra care taken.

Room Tip: Oops sorry they don't have a pool but it was impossible to erase the rating. They also don't...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nuttyelvis
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review.
We are definately a pet friendly hotel and I know that there was quite a few that fell in love with yours.
Pets are apart of alot of families and we're more than happy to welcome them here at the Comfort Inn Pembroke.
Sure hope to see you again real soon!

Winnipeg
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We dropped in and asked for a room after a full day of driving and were told that no rooms were available, at the Comfort Inn as well as all other hotels/motels in Pembroke. Lady working at the front dest was very helpful and friendly and phoned to several hotels in Ottawa, eventually securing us a room! Thanks from 2 weary travellers!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Heretoserve, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Wow! You are very special people. We didn't have a roon, couldn't find a room locally, and had to send you all the way to Ottawa after driving all day...and took the time and effort to thank us on trip advisor. I am amazed. Thank you so much for appreciating the little extra's that we believe is part of service even if we can't serve you. We've never been thanked before. Thank you for making our day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Petawawa
Petawawa River Inn & Suites

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!