“Good choice for Pembroke”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Pembroke
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Overnight stay at this Comfort Inn was the type of no-problem hotel stay I enjoy. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful in accommodating my request to get a room in the back of the hotel. The room was clean, spacious and the A/C was quiet. Overall hotel facility was nice. Good choice for an overnight stay if you are in Pembroke.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back. Rooms in the front are on the highway and most likely noisy
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Heretoserve, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Thank you even more for being our guest! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do agree that the rooms facing our backyard and the beautiful Ottawa River, are certainly nice. On behalf of the housekeeping department, I would also like to thank you for your comments on our cleanliness. Our team is small but so very dedicated....they will be delighted to read this. Enjoy your summer...and come back next year after our full renovation. Very exciting!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stopped her and got their last room. It was the wedding suite. The price was just fine ....the room was clean..... We slept well and left in the morning. One could do a lot worse at a chain motel. Nice people at the desk.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JdogRossCa.
Heretoserve, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you very much for your review on our hotel. I'm so glad we had a room left and that you enjoyed it. Our housekeepers are very dedicated and excellent. We very seldom receive a complaint on cleanliness. I think our Front Office team is also exceptional so I'll be delighted to post this!
Now that the heat has finally been turned on, we hope you enjoy your summer! :)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Lovely location, friendly staff, spacious rooms, Kuerig coffee maker, flat screen tv, fridge and microwave, delicious little candies left by housekeeping everyday, a mini put course and a cute little rubber ducky to take home to the kiddies.

I just spent 3 nights at this hotel and found it very comfortable. The room was clean, the shower worked well, it was quiet, and the ac kept up wonderfully on a day from hell. All in all my stay at this hotel was very positive I'll definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Pembroke

If there's any drawback it's that there's no breakfast supplied. Thankfully I noticed beforehand that breakfast wasn't offered and brought my own supplies. I understand though that they plan on having a breakfast room sometime next year.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Heretoserve, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and your experience with us. We sincerely appreciate it. You gave a very thorough description and we are delighted that you found us to be comfortable and enjoyable to stay with. We are very fortunate to have a really dynamic team and in all truthfulness, our brand seems to attract the nicest people. As a result our days are full of fun and really interesting conversation. Thank you for being one of our special guests who gives purpose and meaning to what we do :)

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay at this comfort inn. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Clean and comfortable rooms and ours had a refrigerator which was nice. The only thing i noted was that the hotel needed some updating in areas. But that aside, i would.stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013

We are always excited when someone takes the time to share their experience with us. Thank you so much! I know that hotel rooms can get tired looking very quickly but we are having another complete renovation next year which will finally include a breakfast room of our very own. We appreciated the comment about the mini fridge as well. Many don't realize that we offer mini fridge, microwave and keurig coffee makers in all our rooms without additional surcharge.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely hope we'll have the opportunity to serve you again next year when our renovations are complete. Enjoy your summer now that the sun has finally come around :).

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Nice view of the river, outside the centre, very helpful staff. Free parking, I like that they call me in my room if everything was OK, minigolf and the garden is quite good for relax outside. Clean room!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dennis7Malta
Heretoserve, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We sincerely appreciate the time you took! Yes, we are very proud of our hotel and our guests tell us it's evident in our team pride and service. We are the only hotel in Pembroke to overlook the Ottawa River so it is fun to relax in our backyard. Our mini putt is a hit :).

Thank you so much for being our guest. We appreciate your business and hopefully will have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Enjoy your summer!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I thought I was really going to enjoy this Hotel, Sure it's not the Plaza, but I rate Comfort inns based on Comfort inns. This is the first Comfort inn I have ever stayed at that doesn't offer a breakfast. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't cost that much to put a loaf of bread and bagels out. The staff was amazing, everything else was great- but there is no food on site; breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin_Ilaqua
Heretoserve, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We do have an amazing team here and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are getting a breakfast room at long last in our complete renovation scheduled for next year and we'll all be delighted and excited by it :). Choice Hotels has very high breakfast standards so although we'd love to do something temporarily in-house, we would not be able meet those standards without the renovation. This is why we offer the $5 breakfast coupon to Fresco's. We prefer to give our guests the option of a nice hot breakfast to start their day. I do sincerely hope however, you will come back when our reno is complete because the Choice Hotels breakfast is really quite an excellent breakfast.
Thank you again for being our guest and we do look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were received at the front desk by a most helpful staff member. We travel with 2 dogs so our room had to be on the bottom floor. He gave us a room facing the back parking lot, but also faced the green space. Green space, mini putt, swing chair, gazebo, beautiful view of the river, and a great area for the dogs. Owners remember to clean up after your dog to keep it pleasant for other's. The hotel has put up a post that hold poop bags and a garbage can. We were offered breakfast coupons for the next day. Went right next door for dinner and it was good. Rooms were clean, well equipped, silent air conditioning. Would definitely recommend to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Heretoserve, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words. They are sincerely appreciated. Yes, we do welcome pets. We're all family orientated people and consider pets as part of the family :). We are working on a new area for our pets and we're really quite excited about it, but it seems to be slow in coming. Perhaps by your next visit it will be up and running. I also want to thank you for your comments about Andrew. We are very fortunate to have a great team and I'm so glad we made you feel welcomed and valued. Have a great summer!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Petawawa
Petawawa River Inn & Suites

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!