“good nights sleep”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Pembroke
Chester, United Kingdom
“good nights sleep”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

On the road and on holiday driving across Ontario we had one night at the Pembroke. Had a good and quiet night's sleep despite overlooking the main road in comfy beds. Food was average for dinner and breakfast, but the hotel staff more than made up for this in their friendliness, service and good humour. All very clean and perhaps a bit dated interior.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dale G, General Manager at Best Western Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Almalmac, your comments regarding our staff and service are much appreciated! We pride ourselves on our attention to Superior Customer Care, and love hearing that our efforts are paying off. You will also be happy to hear that our remodeling effort is ongoing and our guest rooms will be getting a complete makeover very soon. We'd love to show you around when the work is complete, and hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
kinardine
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed in Pembroke for the may long week-end, should of stayed in petawawa but there was no openings. We only had a 20 minute drive and there are alot more options to shop and dine in Pembroke. The hotel was clean and we'll decorated. The bed was oh so comfortable and that is a must for me. The Irving restaurant is across the road and a must go place to eat if you already haven't done so before. We got breakfast with our room and it is the best you can get as it is off the menu. For a small little town we paid more than we'd like but it's an average price for that area. The staff were all pleasant.

Room Tip: No elevators but it is only two levels keep that in mind with heavy luggage.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ladybug2189, thank you very much for the excellent feedback! The restaurant across the street is definitely a must, and I would also recommend our newly remodeled Westwinds Restaurant located inside the hotel, now under new Management and featuring a great new menu! I just wanted to clarify that we do have an elevator, my apologies we didn't do a better job of making sure you knew that during your stay. Thank you for your loyalty, we look forward to seeing you again!
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was a nice hotel to stay in. They are in the process of renovating and the pool and fitness center was closed. We ate in the restaurant for breakfast and the service was very fast. There is an elevator so staying in the third floor was ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear JillMarch2012, thank you for the positive feedback. You will be pleased to note that all of our common areas, including the pool and fitness centre are now complete and re-opened. We hope to see you again soon!
Bracebridge, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and was very satisfied with regular queen rooms. This time I booked a queen sized suite for business. The room was okay but I found the layout a bit odd compared to other suites I have rented in the past. The bedroom is the first part of the room you enter and then the living room was located on the far side of the room. The bathroom is located in the middle of the room and was very small and they had a new dual flush toilet that was incredibly small. The room was a bit dated as was the lobby. They did give me an option of a $6.00 credit for breakfast, but I went to the Travelodge as my business colleagues all decided to stay there as it appeared to be a higher standard hotel in Pembroke. Overall, the room was okay and the hotel is conveniently located near Highway 17. However, there is a Holiday Inn being built on the same court. I will be booking at the HI when I return for business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Marmora, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I booked this location for back-to-back weekends for two hockey teams this past November. The teams were attending the regional Silver Stick. The rooms are fine. Basic accomodation. The pool is quite large and the kids enjoyed themselves. I found the room rate high, but I believe it is reflective of most hotels during the Silver Stick tournament weekends. Breakfast is not included at this location. Compared to other locations in Pembroke that I have previously stayed at I would certainly recommend it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hawkesbury, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Driving West you find this hotel right on the highway so it's convenient but as other Best Western Hotels (Renfrew) is badly in need of renovations. My recent trip there had me witness that they are upgrading and I guess we will have to wait and see how it turns out. The restaurant was modified for the better and the few meals I had there I have to say they were good (one supper and one breakfast). Give it a chance on your way but they really have to provide some change since there's a brand new Holiday Inn EXpress opening in May nearby which mught change my optics anyhow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The only way to qualify my experience here is nothing special. The rooms were ok, and the staff were courteous. It is right off the highway, so if you need to get something to eat you will have to drive into town.

The restaurant at the hotel is not good. The food is expensive, and I found the meal to be disappointing. Save your money, and eat elsewhere!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dale G, General Manager at Best Western Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guylaine l,

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed along your comments to the Restaurant Manager. We are about to begin major renovations throughout the hotel and restaurant, and we hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future once the work is complete. I would like to speak with you further about your experience, please feel free to contact me at the hotel at your convenience if you are willing to do so. Once again, thank you for your feedback, I hope we have a chance to better serve you in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Dale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke
Econo Lodge Pembroke
Econo Lodge Pembroke
#6 of 11 in Pembroke
Petawawa River Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!