“No water and in the middle of no where”

BEST WESTERN Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Pembroke
kemptville
“No water and in the middle of no where”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

This hotel is set just off the highway but way out of town- food, gas anything you have to drive 20 minutes.
There was also no hot water for a shower but the front desk didnt warn me upon checkin

For somewhere that can even get you hot water- very overpriced

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Lorryann, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on Tripadvisor. On behalf of myself and my staff, I sincerly apologize we were not able to meet your expectations. We did experience a leak in the hot water tank, and had the issue addressed as quickly as possible. I am sorry we were not able to have the water restored in time for your shower.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope you will visit us again in the near future.
Warm regards,
General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

I used to stay here often as a kid, playing hockey tournaments, and always found it good.

Most recently, we attended a wedding here and were quite pleased with the service and quality of the food and rooms, and the location is great - right off the TransCanada Highway.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, ON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

This is a very disappointing experience. I'm traveling on business and I needed a place to stay for the evening. I typically perfer Best Western, and I have a rewards card with the chain. As a reward member I even paid an extra ten dollars over Travelodge to earn points towards a free nights stay.

I booked the room online where it listed high speed internet as an amenity in the rooms. THERE IS NO WIFI IN THE ROOMS, when I called the front desk I mentioned I wasn't receiving a wifi signal. I was informed that wifi is only available in the lobby, and internet service is only provided in the room through an ethernet cable by the phone. I have a phone and tablet with me, neither of which have an ethernet connection.

For the previous two evenings I was in Nepean (Ottawa area), where I also stayed with Best Western, the room & furnature was nice with a good size tv with a great selection and wifi service in the rooms. I was paying much less to stay in Nepean and it was by far superior to the Pembroke location, which is inconviently located on the outskirts of town.

Overall this is really a disappointing experience. I will not stay to this location again. I might pay less and stay at the Travelodge where there's in room wifi and sounds like a great tv selection.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Jaret_Canada
Brussels
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

We arrived there late in the evening after a long road.
The accommodation is pretty good: spacious, big swimming pool, comfy, clean.
But the front desk lady was very rude, we found the price she stated very high and asked if there was no cheaper room. She answered very sharply "no" and obviously didn't care.
The dinner was of poor quality (we both got sick afterwards) but the staff there was ok.
The breakfast that was included in the room price was really limited: just scrumbled eggs and a toast.
We mentioned it to the front desk at the check-out, again she was very rude, keeping busy with her own business, mumbling it was the first time she heard that. She didn't even offer to take note of it.
Despite the quality of the room, we would avoid returning there, just because of the staff.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

I have been to this hotel a few times now in my travels and I have to say it is the best in the area.

The staff are always friendly and egar to help if there is an issue. The pool and work out roomk is always clean.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

We travel to Elliot Lake from the states (philadelphia) in Febuary every year, when we come out on to the 17 from 41 , we always stop and stay here!!!!!! after the long drive, we enjoy the restaraunt, and if up to a swim in the pool, always feel welcome, the workers do a bang up job, we we go to bed, it feels like i a m home at least for the one night here thank you

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

After my wife and I looked around at the other hotels in the area this seemed to be the newest and cleanest. We were welcomed with a smile at the desk and immediately told that there was a hockey tournament in town and there were 6 hockey teams staying in the hotel as well. We appretiated this information being given to us up front rather than learning about it later on.

We were given a choice of a King room or a King Suite with a jacuzzi tub. I figured that we'd go with the Suite as my wife would have enjoyed the tub.

What we got was a regular king room - the "Suite" part consisted of an extra chair and a mini-fridge. The jacuzi tub was a smaller than regular tub with two jets in it.

The room was clean but older and smelled of stale cigarettle smoke. The flat screen TV lacked HD (fine) but the images were often blurry as a result.

Even though I didn't use the arcade games I found it interesting that they were all old and had signs saying "Play at Your Own Risk".....if they aren't working well enough to be trusted then why are they in the building?

For $200 for the night (more expensive than our stay at the Mariott in Ottawa the day before) the room was not up to par. Up the road in Petawawa there's a new Quality Inn and Suites which was cheaper we found out the next day and only 10minutes up the road.

Did we get a good sleep - Yes, but it wasn't worth the price.

Room Tip: Don't expect a Suite - ask for a room that never allowed smoking
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beeker100
Lorryann, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
I am sorry to hear that the room did not meet your expectations. It sounds like there was some confusion on the descriptions of the various king rooms available. I thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we will retrain the front desk on our various suites, as we have several to choose from, all with some differences. As noted, you were here during a hockey tournament, the games are in good working order, but we find it necessary to put up extra signs during these times. We are 100% non smoking, and we do try to eliminate smoking in the rooms the best we can, we do not "allow" smoking, but unfortunately we cannot control what happens inside the room, we can only hope all our guests follow our policy. Thank you for comments, and hope you will visit us again, and treat your wife to our "Tropical Breezes Room", which offers a king bed with a canopy, two person jetted tub, a private entrance to pool area and many other upgraded amenities.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Petawawa
Petawawa River Inn & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!