“FILTHY, RUDE HORRIBLE OWNER, REFUSED REFUND, AVOID!!!”

Copeland Champlain Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pembroke
Copeland Champlain Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Pembroke B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My husband and I sought out this establishment after being on the road for over 24 hrs with no sleep. It was the last place in Pembroke with a vacancy, and I had recently had foot surgery, we were desperate. The "cottage" we were charged $145 for a one night stay was the most filthy, appalling, accommodation we have ever seen. It reeked of cigarette smoke, mold and dirt. We could not possibly stay. When my husband went to return our keys five minutes after paying the owner refused to refund our money and slammed the door in his face!!! I was beside myself in tears. What a horrible person and a horrible place!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank pralph
There are newer reviews for Copeland Champlain Motor Inn

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Owner advertised prettiest honeymoon suite in town complete with jacuzzi tub. It was terrible. Nicotine running down the bathroom walls, pubic hair in the tiny air bubble tub (not jaccuzi), Splatters and runs of something that appeared to be red had been painted over on the walls and was bleeding through. Really creeped me out! Bugs in the room, airconditioner was filthy. Very disappointing. When I went to the owner right away for a refund she refused told me I was ridiclous and that it was not her problem I choose to marry someone to fat to fit in the tub. She was so unreasonable I had to get an OPP officer to come and give her back the keys. One of the worst experiences of my life. Owner is very sweet until you complain and then look out. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AMANDA3722
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I think it's the worst place in all of Ontario,I would have been better to have stayed at the local dump at least there you are awhere of the rats,I had been up all night because of a 10 inch rat I kid you knot and when morning came I went to ask for a refund the lady at the desk said that I was lying to her I could not believe it.That place should be burt to the ground and bulled and burnt again serious DO NOT STAY IN THIS PLACE

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank jeff102074
Reviewed July 18, 2010

This is by far the most disgusting motel in the city of Pembroke. I actually saw a rodent on the bed of the room I was to be given!!! When I refused to stay for that reason +++ (the place was filthy, moldy and residents were swearing,drinking and fighting) the owner refused to refund my money even though I was there well before the time. Unethical business practices to say the least and filth on top of it all are only 2 good reasons to avoid this dump at all costs.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Penelope1970
Reviewed March 16, 2010

This is undoubtedly the filthiest motel I have ever stayed in. Bed Bugs, mold, rodents and other filth seem to have free run of this awful place. The only positive thing I can think of is that it will hopefully be condemned and burnt to the ground.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business