“Don't go!! A Rip-off!”

Nando's Chickenland
Ranked #285 of 465 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My daughter chose this restaurant simply because we have never been there. I was very regret after hadving an awful unpleasant experience there.

First, I had to stand in front of the counter, made my order and paid without seeing my receipt.
I chose a regular salad with almonds and seeds while my daughter chose a sandwitch. The lady asked us about the drink. I ordered 2 juice because she was giving me the water bottle when I said just water for me. I switched water to juice because I don't feel like to pay my water in a restaurant. I felt I was forced to make that order.
The lady kept asking my daughter more food including cheese and sides which charged extra and I had no idea of that at all. $3.00 for a corn cob?
Secondly, the lady handed me the machine for me to pay and the total was way more than I thought. In addition, there were 3 choices of the tips you can choose starting from 15% and continue to pay. I absolutely don't want to pay them 15% tip for serving myself here. I cancelled the payment and the lady wasn't happy. I wasn't pleased with the service but still paid 10% tips, even she lied me about the juice price.

Lastly, my salad came without almonds and nuts. I wondered if they did it on purpose. The overall experience was really terrible.

1  Thank MaxineChen

Reviewed August 4, 2011

This place has the worst ever. Today I ordered a chicken on a bun and the chicken was about the size of a deck of cards and the bun was the size of a loaf of bread. Then I ordered chicken wings and they charged me just under $25.00 for my meal. Another thing that was strange to me was they don't come to your table to take your order, you have to order and then be seated??????

1  Thank helooo99
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Rip off pricing.

Poor chickenf and very little of it. $6.50 wasn't enough for of a large order of 1.5 corn cobs. (we wanted 2 full cobs and the manager reluctantly complied) Whole chicken must have weighed 2 lbs. Sauce isn't great. One of the worst dining experiences in terms of food and value we've ever experienced.

Go elsewhere.............

Reviewed May 3, 2009

If you have enough KFC, this is an option. But $$. Call ahead for your piclk-up. Try the chicken liver as ur side.