“Best sushi around”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Easily the best sushi north of the city!

Right from the start the atmosphere, presentation and service are top notch!

Biggest and best maki rolls - full of fresh ingredients.

Come hungry. Leave full!

1  Thank Buttzy27

Reviewed May 29, 2014

First time going to Mi-Ne, and I have to admit, the food was delicious. Went here for lunch with a friend and ordered a sashimi special and a sushi special, both of them were very filling for two people. Although this is an expensive lunch at around $15 a person, the sushi and sashimi were very fresh and the raw fish that is part of the meal was very succulent and melted in my mouth.

1  Thank NightOwl95
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've been twice to Mi-ne. Indeed the food is good, but here's the problem: at the end of my second visit, I went to use the washroom. One of the young male waiters used it and stepped out WITHOUT WASHING HIS HANDS.
I suspect t that if the waiter failed to wash his hands when a customer was present, the culture of that place does not include hygiene by North-American standards.
Would I ever return? NO WAY

3  Thank cad10255
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I went there for Valentine's Day and it was packed, even at 9pm! I was worried about my reservation, but they seated me immediately (past the evil stares of people waiting for a table) in a cozy room.

The service was very lacking in the beginning (I had to go up to the front and get the menu and again to order). I order the Mi-NE special. I'm happy to say that was the low point of the night: everything else was great.

The food came promptly and with great timing.

sunomono salad: nicely seasoned with some nice protein accents. The avocado was ultra fresh and creamy.

Oyster soup: the broth was incredibly delicate and packed with lots of flavor. The soup was also full of seafood. Oysters were great and the scallops were not overcooked.

Tempura: best I've had in Toronto. The batter was crisp and light. Amazingly, the shrimp and lobster meat were tender and flavorful.

Sushi, sashimi, roll: Great fresh quality fish. the salmon and tuna was definitely a step up from the standard grade that restaurants use. The roll had bonito shavings over it that added a great dimension of taste.

Galbi: good. I was too full to really appreciate it.

Ice cream: good, creamy.

I would definitely recommend Mi-NE for good sushi. If they work on their service (I suspect it is because they were crazy busy), it would easily be 5 stars.

1  Thank Harry P
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I love going to Mi Ne for dinner with my friends or boyfriend. It is a quaint, little restaurant that can get quite busy on weekends or around dinnertime so I usually call to make a reservation to avoid potentially waiting for a table at the door when they're very busy, which has happened a few times. The rolls are a bit more expensive than usual, but they are also twice, if not three times the size of your average sushi roll! Great quality and very clean restaurant. They have cute booths that have curtains you can drop for more privacy during your dinner and interesting decor such as model ships and warrior armour.

1  Thank K C