“Better than Mandarin!”

Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Better than Mandarin!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I would rate this place somewhere between Mandarin, which has the most dreadful pseudo sushi possible, and Dragon Pearl, which has passable sushi & pretty decent sashimi as far as buffets go. As with all you can eat places, expect it to be crowded with annoying people that lack manners! Don't even bother with their desserts/cakes...waste of time & effort!

• Visited December 2012

Ottawa, Canada
“Not impressed especially for sushi”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went on a Saturday evening and waited only about 5 minutes for a table for two. The walk around buffet is pretty good. Decent selection but the freshly grilled choices were sporatic - on one pass there was korean beef ribs and on the next, none. Never did see any Tempura Shrimp. We ordered sushi from the waitress and it was terrible. They tasted like it was cooked & prepped in the morning & sat all day waiting for us. Most disappointing.

• Visited July 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Average food but a good selection”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My colleagues and I went here on a work lunch.
The location was good with ample parking. The staff was friendly and the decor was clean.
The food however, is mediocre. Standard dishes that didn't seem all that fresh. Even the 'cook to order' station seemed to use pre-cooked food, just reheating it.
The only redeeming quality was that there is a vast selection of food on the buffet.
My favourite was the shrimp.

Visited May 2013
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Restaurant on decline...”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This isn't my first time eating here. It was probably my 6th time over a course of ten years (when it first opened). I always remember how delicious it was eating the first few times early on. But because I live out-of-town, I can't frequently eat this restaurant. I was in town on business a few days ago and decided to try this restaurant once again, because the last time I ate here was 2 years ago and it was disappointing. My wife and I arrived at the restaurant, same decor, same non-functioning toilets, and same everything from over 10 years ago. The waitress was nice at the beginning with initial order but was never to be seen again over the course of the dinner. The sushi and sashimi we ordered came promptly. The fish seemed dried and tasteless, which made us wonder about the freshness of the fish. I decided to try my luck with the buffet, the selection was plentiful but the taste was very bland compared to many other Japanese restaurant we tried over the years. My conclusion for this restaurant is that the value is no longer there. For an all you can eat buffet restaurant you can CERTAINLY do better. I really wanted to enjoy this meal as my wife and I love seafood. But we can no longer recommend this restaurant to friends as we use to do in the past.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank gngboy
Toronto, Canada
“Good Quality All You Can Eat”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

At at Wasabi a few days ago and the food quality was good. There are however some minor issues:

Pros:
-food quality is good for sushi and sashimi
-lots of variety at buffet
-large place with good ambiance
-get reservations so you dont have to wait

Cons:
-pricey
-wait staff slow with sushi and sashimi orders, and seldom bring amount requested
-lots of deep fried and padded foods to fill you up
-long lines to be seated and wait times

All in all had a great time with family and frieds.

Would recommend this place.

• Visited January 2013