“Really an excellent for a chain italian restaurant”
Review of Alice Fazooli's - CLOSED

Alice Fazooli's
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: HWY#7 / HWY 404
Description: Alice Fazooli’s is home to hand-crafted recipes served up in an urban Italian grill experience. Our character shines through with a warm, inviting welcome at the door that is carried throughout the dining experience. Great care is taken to select only the freshest, most flavourful ingredient combinations for all our mouth-watering dishes like the Shrimp Angel Hair Pasta, Fried Calamari, Veal Parmigiana or any of our fresh, thin crust pizzas. We’re dedicated to meeting and then exceeding all expectations.
Northbrook, Illinois
“Really an excellent for a chain italian restaurant”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Really enjoyed the garlic pizza roll appetizers. They had a very nice variety of food and a nice selection of desserts. Had a nice selection of specialty beers that complimented the food very well.

The server staff was very attentive and were very eager to provide suggestions on the menu.

Visited September 2013

Austin, Texas
“Predictable dining in Richmond Hill with good service”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I remember eating at the original Alice Fazooli's downtown in the early 90s. It was a neat, although somewhat formulaic, experience that brought a touch of flair to an otherwise dull Toronto seafood dining scene at the time. Not upmarket by any means, but fun and novel.

Well, after dining at the Richmond Hill location recently I can say they have scaled the concept and the result is predictable, pedestrian Italian with a nod to seafood all located in a huge parking lot.

I will say this- the service was excellent and friendly- something Toronto has lost the art of in the last 20 years.

Good for post-work cocktails/nosh with a group on the patio- that is my recommendation.

Visited August 2013
London, Canada
“Dependable/Friendly”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

3 of us in town on business and met here for dinner. Waiter was from the original downtown location and recognized me as a former regular customer from a decade ago....impressive. the original look and feel is there, but this theme has run it's course and apparently the chain are considering a re-branding....dangerous, but a calculated risk. Meal was excellent, good wine selection, excellent/personable service. 3 apps/3 entrees/1 bottle of vino all under $150.
Go.

• Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Quick seating... slow service... where's the food???”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Myself and two friends arrived on Sunday night just after 9:00 p.m. so the restaurant was not that busy... We were quickly seated in a nice comfortable booth... We were greeted by a young super friendly waitress with frizzy black hair, she was just dropping off a bill to someones table and told us she would be right back... A different waitress that appeared to be less enthusiastic about being there took our drink order... So when the other waitress returned we were ready to order, unfortunately this would not be our waitress, she was just helping out the less enthusiastic one.

Myself and one friend ordered Spaghetti & Meat Balls, my other friend ordered a Chicken with Pasta dish with a Caesar Salad to start (I will note here that my friend asked what the pasta options were with this dish, and the waitress told him that the pasta that comes with it is his best choice and should not change it)... We quickly received a small stick of bread with oil & herb dip (it was pretty good, although the ends of the bread stick required extra time in the oil to soften up), and our pops & iced tea arrived too... We had a couple refills of pop & iced tea (but no offer for more bread) before our food arrived about 9:30 p.m.

My one friend and I received our Spaghetti & Meat Balls, and my other friend received a sandwich with a small Caesar Salad as a side... Humm... He pointed out the error and they took his food away... My other friend and I started eating our food, then about 5 minutes later the Caesar Salad side was brought back to the table for my other friend to eat... More drink refills... We have no finished our Spaghetti & Meat Balls, it's almost 10:00 p.m. and my other friend has still not received his food.

We ask for the Manager... She arrived within a few minutes... She apologized for the delay, and mentioned that it was very embarrassing since the restaurant was not that busy... We suggested that the sandwich should have been left for our friend to eat while they cook up some pasta to add to the order (since that is all that was basically missing)... But at this point it was too late and we just wanted to leave.

So one hour after we arrived, two of us left full, the other left with his food in a take out container...

On the positive side, I thought the Spaghetti & Meat Balls were pretty good, my friend was somewhat satisfied... and our entire order was "taken care of" by the Manager... We were more than willing to pay for the food we ate, but were told that if we happen to be in the area again, to give them a second chance...

• Visited July 2013
Toronto
“Excellent food”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Ate here with another couple. We all had different mains and each of us felt it was excellent. I was really pleased as have previously not bothered going here. The atmosphere on the patio is very nice and the service was very good

• Visited July 2013