“Exciting menu, great flavours”
Review of Restoran Malaysia

Restoran Malaysia
Ranked #16 of 445 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Description: Welcome to Restoran Malaysia featuring Halal authentic Malaysian cuisine.Have a taste of our famous curry and roti. Enjoy a refreshing "teh tarik". Our menu features sensational dishes from curries to hot and spicy, as well as satays and Malay style foods.Immerse yourself to a heightened dining experience in our newly renovated dining area. We are located at the south east corner of Bayview Avenue and Major Mackenzie Drive in Richmond Hill, Ontario. Come and experience Malaysia.
Stoney Creek
“Exciting menu, great flavours”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Two couples, four great choices, the variety is unbelievable, and every adventure was very tasty. Just busy enough to be noisy, but no long lineups. Service not hurried, just right, Highly recommend a brief drive north...

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank raymileski

Mississauga, Canada
“horrible experience”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We wanted to try Malaysian food so we decided to go to this restaurant. When we entered restaurant’s atmosphere looked amazing, we were told that there is 1 hour wait, we waited till 1 hour and half and still didn't have the table so we approached the waitress and told her that it’s been 1 and half hour and we see that people coming after us are being served, she kept on saying that she is trying her best, finally we got the table which was right at the entrance and when we asked them we don’t want to sit here because this is right at the entrance and if we can have corner table since the party from that table is leaving, waitress denied by saying our owner asked us to give you this table so I asked to talk to manager and he said the same thing, we said ok where is your owner if we can speak to him/her thinking that owner will do something about this as we are party of 11 and they wouldn’t want to lose the business but owner’s attitude was worse out of all of them, the way she started talking was rude and denied us to sit on the table where we requested to sit, then she said she will give us corner table at the other side so then we said ok, but instead she gave us table which was right in the middle and was so crowded, so we said you just told us you will give us corner table what is this.. she said I didn’t say corner I said this side.. I said your are the owner of this place and this is your attitude then how will the attitude be of your workers.. she screamed and said don’t teach me how to talk I know how to talk, you have these two choice of table if you don’t want it then I don’t care and left. After all that we decided to leave that place because it was not worth having the food of these people who don’t even know how to treat their customer, the situation was much worse than I explained here!!!

I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone because customer service is one of the top I look for.

• Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent gem tucked away in Richmond Hill”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We wanted to try out this place coz of recommendations. We were impressed by the size and decor of this restaurant tucked away in the corner of Bayview and Major Mackenzie. Place was busy but service was excellent. We ordered a sambal fish special red snapper, chicken curry malaysian, indonesian nasi goreng, rotis. Everything was good..my husband love the sambal but would have preferred a filet instead of whole fish fried..made it difficult to eat. The rotis were similar to rumali rotis, the rice was soft and chicken curry was delicious. Portions were large. We were three and food was enough for 5. Great experience and we will positively visit again!

• Visited December 2012
Montreal, Canada
“High quality and enjoyable”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Really great food. This was my first time trying Malay food and i wasn't certain what to expect. Every dish was very fresh and seems like quality ingredients are used. The "spicy" dishes really weren't too spicy especially compared to some Indian dishes that i've had. The quantities per dish were a bit small but the prices were very reasonable so hard to complain. Nice atmosphere but not the place for a romantic dinner. I'll be back .... But only if I'm in the area.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank BillfromMontreal
Toronto
“Great comfort food”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

As you enter, you're greeted by a large laughing Buddha statute and the wonderful essence of spices. Large dark wooden tables, rectangular and circular, fill both sides of the restaurants. The entire interior is decorated with dark wooden walls and large structured light fixtures. Even the decor hints at the warm comfort foods to come.

Given it was bitterly cold outside, we decide to warm up with some tom yum goong soup ($5) to start. The broth was good and well flavoured; I would say just the right amount of spice as it wasn't overly hot.

In the mood for more spice, we ordered the chicken red curry ($12) with a side of steamed rice ($1.50) and two roti ($4). When you come here you have to order the roti! These thin, chewy, toasted sheets of slightly sweet home made roti are served warm and are perfect for dipping into Restoran Malaysia's curries.

To balance out the heat, we ordered Kuala Lumpur style hockien mee ($10). Thick chewy noodles are stir fried with lot of oyster sauce (?) and seafood and vegetables. The dish is slightly sweet and is a good contrast to the rest of our choices.

The above is a summary of my longer blog, please msg me if you'd like the link for the detailed review.

• Visited November 2012