“Jacked and Stacked” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jack Astor's Bar & Grill

Jack Astor's Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Astor's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 439 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
“Jacked and Stacked”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

First time in Canada. Was told by coworkers that I have to try the poutine. Very unique menu that introduces new tastes for one's pallet. Service was great and I had no complaints. The prices can be a bit on the expensive side yet realistic. .I had the Chicken BLT. Really didn't think you could pile on the on top of french fries. I would recommended this spot to 1st time visitors.

• Visited September 2013

Oswego, Illinois
“Fun atmosphere, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

On a recent trip to Canada, we stopped into this Jack Astor's location twice - we had such a good time the first time, we HAD to go back. We ate in the bar each time, had Jack'd Up Canadians (TALL beers) and a selection of bar food, including poutine. All items were really good. The bartenders are fun - Thanks T!, and the bar manager (Scotty) made sure that as out-of-towners we felt welcome and taken care of. It didn't hurt that we're BIG Blackhawks fans from Chicago, there during the playoffs, and he and his father-in-law are Hawks fans. Games were fun to watch there, nice TVs all around. We'll be back!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Gail R
Toronto, Canada
“Way over priced and lack of service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Have been a fan of Jack Astors for many years. I love their pan bread. 9 of us went after a social event. The service was very poor. The waitress kept disappearing, I wonder if she would do this if they did not automatically add the tip into the bill due to the size of the group. I had 2 cups (bought one for a friend) of tea a cheesecake slice. This came to $18. The cheesecake was dry and tasteless not fresh at all. Of course the waitress was not around to ask how everything was. On the plus side i was very pleased with the tea.

Visited June 2013
Markham, Canada
“Dont order salads”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stopped by for lunch. Three of us ordered Kung Fu steak salads. Salads were so soaked in oil that I could not eat it. Tried to drain it but that did not help. Ordered medium steak for the salad, came in well done. Waitress did not seem to care and simply took back basically untouched salad without asking why did I not eat it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ontario
“Typical Jack Astor's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

A colleague and I stopped by for a beer and to watch the hockey game. For whatever reason they had mostly basketball on and the hockey game was on a couple of smaller screens but whatever.

It was a typical Jack Astor's visit. Food is average. We had a couple of appetizers which were fine. Beer was cold and quickly delivered so that was all that was important. I never go out of my way to go to a Jack Astor's but it was convenient and would visit again based on convenience.

Visited June 2013