“The 3 coins open kitchen on Yonge St. in Richmond Hill”
Review of 3 Coins

3 Coins
Ranked #28 of 446 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Cuisines: American, Diner, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Keswick, Canada
“The 3 coins open kitchen on Yonge St. in Richmond Hill”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

A very basic greasy-spoon open kitchen that serves good food

Barrie, Canada
“Flashback to the 50's”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

If its old diner atmosphere you like this is the place. May not have been renovated since the 50's. Reliable diner food cooked at an open grill on the main street of old Richmond HIll.

Toronto, Canada
“kitchy, clean and neat.”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

After hearing that this was where the locals go: hockey moms, retirees, long-time residents, I was dying to see this greasy spoon. We had what must have been the breakfast special but the title was whited-out on the menu. I think they must have had a special price that was lower than the $6.50 which was marked in another section of the menu. I don't personally like whited out/taped over/scratched out numbers on a menu. Makes me feel like I might be getting taken you know?
But I digress.
We had three eggs (small eggs) I had sausage (got four) he had bacon (4 pieces) toast (mine brown, his white), coffee for me, coke for him and then we both had homefries. Ever since moving to Richmond Hill we cannot figure out the homefries here. They are not crispy! We have run into horrific homefries in this town more often than not, and this is what the 4, not 5, stars are about. They *almost* got it right. BUT they were still closer to the boiled quarter potato than the crispy homefry we prefer. I think we may have to order our homefries "welldone" from now on. They were still tasty. They were still plentiful. I still liked this place and yeah, you can tell it's a local hangout. I like that too. BTW we went at around 11am on a Tuesday and all the booths were filled. I'll bet it's PACKED on a weekend.

• Visited November 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“old time retro feel and...”
Reviewed January 6, 2008

old time retro feel and all day breakfast...where to go when you need a "diner" experience

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Morning after breakfast... just the right amount of bacon and eggs to kill the night before's stuff.”
Reviewed January 4, 2008