“Great food”

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Canada
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Tiny restaurant but big taste. Delicious Italian food. Had the bruschetta pizza, house wine, arugula salad, pasta special with seafood. Will definitely go back for more.

• Visited March 2014

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
“Great find in Richmond Hill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Wow! We where in town for a Ringette tournament and stumbled upon Nonna's Oven by accident. It was there and we were hungry. It was amazing. My daughter's pasta was delicious, and tasted like fresh. My steak sandwich was so good that I had to eat it all, even though I was full. Everyone was very pleased with their meals. The menu had a lot to choose from and the service was exceptional.

Visited January 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent food. Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Sometimes I wish that folks who read my reviews know me personally, and know my eternal quest for awesome pizza places. Well, add one to the list!
I visited Nonna's Oven with a friend of mine who lived in the Richmond Hill area, and had spoken very highly of this place. We decided to stop by for a 'quick bite.'
2 sandwiches, a panzerotti, and a pizza later, I was still craving for more and would have kept going if it wasn't for utter embarrassment.

As we waited for the panzerotti and the pizza, I had the veal sandwich with cheese and was very pleased with how well the bread tasted, and with the lightly seasoned veal. Cocina Locale in Markham has excellent veal sandwiches, and Nonna's Oven comes REALLY close - heck, it might even be on par.
When we got the pizza and panzerotti I was amazed at the size of the panzerotti. It was LARGE. My friend got the panzerotti special (bacon, bell peppers, and onion) and I got the meat lover's pizza.
Both were excellent. My pizza had a delicious thin crust, fresh meats, and excellent cheese. It was also satisfying (for the normal eater).
After finishing my pizza, I was still a bit hungry, so I decided to try the prosciutto sandwich (as it was described on the menu), and I have to say, it was even better than the veal sandwich. The meat was excellent quality, the bread was amazing, and the arugula and dressing inside the sandwich were nice and fresh. I enjoyed it tremendously. You also have to try their chili oil sauce. Be warned, it's pretty spicy.

The prices were very reasonable, and I ended up spending about $60 (including tip) for 2 sandwiches, a gourmet pizza, and a gargantuan panzerotti. I also had 3 cans of pop.

Service was very friendly, and prompt, and I'm definitely coming back here for my pizza fix. Probably very soon. Top notch joint.

• Visited December 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Waited an hour for a pizza.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Sad to say, though the place smells heavenly when you walk in, the kitchen isn't organized. They had 3 party pizzas to deliver; this was the reason they gave for us having to wait for over an hour for a pizza to be served at our table. There was no apology, and no rebate on the price. The people at the other table were there before us, and their main courses weren't served until just before we left. Not too good.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank miraclecruise
Richmond Hill, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Omg...was great food when they opened...but now”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great food when they opened but now it is cheap and the prices are unbelievable.
I just paid $47 for 3 ponzo's with 3 toppings????
The presentation was nice, sauce too small - what are they thinking?
I opened the ponzo up - guess what no sauce at all? In all three?
The lots of staff turnover...they used to be really great hard working friendly people there before but now they always seen like they are always "training" someone.
Too bad...it was a great place to eat. Reasonable prices but now they are cutting corners.
I won't be returning.