“Great meat, wine and desserts but the sides are so-so”

Touro Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Touro Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 465 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway #7 & #404
Transit: We are located at the corner of East Beaver Creek Rd and Highway #7 which is accessed by Via Purple Line East and Westbound.
Description: Touro Churrascaria offers a unique dining experience that is unlike the traditional Western-style steakhouse, we use a fixed-price dining concept known as ‘Rodízio’. This service style features continuous table-side service of a wide variety of select cuts of beef, pork, poultry, lamb, and seasonal seafood. The ‘Rodízio’ service also includes an exquisite salad and appetizer island featuring in-house baked breads, cured meats, imported cheeses, and a vast array of greens and vegetables.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Restaurant is great, same for staff but for the price the sides should be wayy better than what they are. not enough choice, nothing very yummy.

1  Thank epasek
Rob A, General Manager at Touro Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear epasek,

Thank you for your kind review. We are taking your comments into consideration and have added a few more hot dishes to our dinner service for more variety. We also alternate our salads and sides daily. We would love to have you back to experience Touro.

Rob Ashe

Reviewed May 26, 2014

The atmosphere inside was awesome.Restaurant looks very moderns and stylish inside. Meat is awesome! They could probably have a better snacks and salads variety, but the taste of the meat just beat it all. Definitely will come back.

Place get very busy on weekends and they always suggest to make reservations.

Dear OK_8,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal and the décor in the restaurant. Since your visit, we have added more options to the salad bar including some hot options. We would love to have you back to try the new dishes at Touro.

Rob Ashe

Reviewed May 15, 2014

My first experience at a Brazillian Steakhouse was at Copa Cabana, and it was awesome. So when my friends suggested Touro Churrascaria, I decided to give it a try since it was closer to where I live. The atmosphere was very chic and modern, it looks like an upscale restaurant. Unfortunately, the food and service did not match up to its appearance.

We went on a Thursday night since it was the only night they serve both seafood and meat. Their seafood selection was very limited, to be exact, they had four items on their menu: Swordfish, Jumbo Shrimp, Bacon Wrapped Scallop and Salmon. During our time at the restaurant, they only came around with the seafood once...maximum twice. I understand the steaks and meat items may be more popular, but people come on the Seafood night for a reason, and we paid extra for it. You would think that they would come around with it more often, and not only when you request it. Another disappointment was their hot dishes at their appetizer island, none of their "hot" dishes were hot, they were all half warm. What place would serve half warm meatballs to their customers?! It was unacceptable!

The service we received was below average. I don't expect to be treated like royalties but I do expect decent service when I go to a steakhouse for fine dinning. We asked our waiter for second serving of cheese bread and fried banana platter, he looked shocked that we wanted seconds and looked like he didn't want to give it to us. Again, when we asked for more scallops and pineapple, he seemed annoyed that we wanted more. I guess this Rodizio style restaurant provides "unlimited supply of food for their guests" with an attitude.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. Save your money and go somewhere else!

5  Thank Kei208
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've been to Rodizio style restaurants before but this place lacked variety in the buffet. The meats served were very good though. Excellent actually but too much for me. But he lack of salads and sides made the meal a bit boring for me. The quality of the sides and salads was't great either. The atmosphere was very nice and the service was very good. My boyfriend and friends felt the same way. It was

3  Thank Patty M
Reviewed April 24, 2014

After checking out a few Brazilian steak houses, like Copa Cabana and Rodeo, I must say Touro beats all by a long shot, from the amazing and attentive staff to the delicious meats and the hot/cold dishes on what they call the appetizer island. Not to mention how neat and well decorated the entire venue was looking, lights ,colours and the beautiful tree right in the middle of the dinning room.
I visited about a week ago with a group of 8, as soon as we stepped in, the hostess was very friendly and welcomed us with a large smile. within seconds we wear seated at the restaurants semi private area which made us feel a lot more exclusive. Brandon was our server and he was amazing, covered every question we had and made sure we received superb service. I must say, I was surprised to see the gauchos were so friendly and funny, and the rest-rooms knocked the ball out of the park.
Overall experience was fantastic 5/5 restaurant, the price is definitely worth it all.
I will most definitely be back for more.
My only suggestion would be to hurry up and open up the patio!