Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a modern, upscale, venue for everyone! I have been to plays, Dance Comps, and other large scale performances. Very comfortable seating. Clean and nearby washrooms.

Visited May 2014

Richmond Hill, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great Location in Richmond Hill”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We've attended a number of performances at this centre over the past couple of years. It's really nice to attend performances in the our neighborhood. This Centre is in a great location. We've shown up to performances about 30 minutes before start time and always found free parking in the Centre's lot. We've sat second row from the stage, to the right corner third row to left side five rows back and were always happy with the seatingand view of the stage. This Centre always has some really good performers in its schedule. I'm always keeping an eye out for upcoming concerts here.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank yellowbuggie
Toronto, Canada
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Looks good from the outside”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was at the above location last night for my granddaughter's dance recital. I was also there last year.

Barely enough parking for the theatre. Coming in at the parking entrance there is not enough space to move let alone sit down. Going further along to get an expensive drink, there are not enough tables and chairs and it seemed very hot and crowded. If you go along the Yonge Street side with all the lovely glass it became cold and we had to wait 1/2 hour to be able to go get our seats. We were with my grandson who was tired to begin with and he had to sit on the dirty floor; there were no chairs to accommodate people. The theatre is fairly nice but the rows don't go down enough so that people can see over one another's heads. If cinemas can do this, why can't a theatre do this. Also, washrooms could only accommodate one person at a time. For a theatre of this size, this is nonsense.

I know it's a neighbourhood theatre but the price of the tickets were not neighbourhood prices.

Visited May 2014
Toronto
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 188 helpful votes
“Outstanding !!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We moved to Richmond Hill 5 years ago , I have made it a point of buying at least 3 different events every season since we came. The venue is really quite beautiful and quite spacious . The program every year never ceases to amaze me with the acts they bring in. In March of this year my husband and I had an evening of nostalgia when we went and watched Honeymoon Suite perform . I couldn't believe it !! Last year we saw Boyz to Men . We have attended Christmas concerts , Plays , musicals , comedy shows . The list is endless , there is always something for every age group , including the symphony and opera . The sound and design of the building is perfection . There is plent of Parking and since its right on Yonge Street you really can't miss it .
Alcohol is served as well as snack items , ice-cream , cookies , chips and chocolate, but since there are so many restaurants to choose from nearby , one need not worry .
Its nice to not have to travel into Toronto and deal with traffic and horrific parking if you want to enjoy a little art and culture. The RHC for Performing Arts is a true Gem !

Visited March 2014
Orangeville, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great location”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Richmond Hill for the Performing Arts Centre is a very nice facility. It was very clean, well cared for and very modern looking. The theatre offers comfortable roomy seating on the main floor or in the balcony. The inside is very nicely decorated with local photos from the community. Very nice experience for our first time there.

Visited April 2014