“Good, AYCE BBQ”

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I and her family went to Chako BBQ recently, and we had a very good experience. First off, I recommend making reservations if you are going on Saturday night with more than four people. Many Yelp reviews and other sites said that there was no problem getting seats, but there were always lineups of people when we went. So it's a very popular restaurant, which is good, but I advise reservations for a larger group.
We were told the wait would be 30-40 minutes, but were seated in closer to 15. The staff was very friendly, and we constantly had people checking on us and asking if there was anything else we wanted.
The meat was reasonably good; there are definitely better AYCE restaurants, but no complaints. The rosemary-spiced meat we received first was gristly but delicious, and most of the other meat was good, too. If you don't like tongue, beware that they will bring it. We all liked it, so no problem there, but it might turn some people off.
The sushi was good as well, especially the makizushi, the rolls. The salmon sushi was so-so, but it's hard to find good salmon sushi in this area, so I don't blame them for that.
All of the food came very quickly, and we were seldom waiting for anything, and always had plenty to eat the entire time.
The dessert ice creams were quite decent; once again, it's AYCE, so you're not getting the best quality anything.
My only real complaint is that they never switched the grill plates, which were black by the time we were done. Smaller, better restaurants definitely do this, so I was a bit disappointed by that.
The prices were fair, and we all left full and happy. In the end, that's all you really need.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've been to this location several times now. The food is consistently good and it is by far the best (cleanest & newest) of the Korean BBQ restaurants I have been to.

I would rate the servers as average at best. Their command of the English language just isn't to the standard that I expect and at times the service is slow.

I've previously heard complaints from other Korean BBQ restaurants that the food smells or tastes like the cooking fuel, however, I have never experienced this at Chako.

It is a restaurant that I will for sure return to.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Love this place! We try to go here at least a few times a year when we are in the area. The kids love it too because they get to cook their own food...my son requests to go here for his birthday every year.
I've been to a couple other Korean Bbq places and this one by far is the best, and always recommend the place to others. They give you a good variety of meats, seafood and vegetables, and the price I find to be very reasonable. The service is always good and the place is very clean. The weekends get very busy here, so I would definitely make reservations or you will have a wait.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I Advice you to try this type of restaurant , eat as much as you can but the nice thing her you cock the meat by your self,so other new dinner still,you can order different types of chicken,sticks,pork .....etc!,if you go after 10:30 pm it is more economic prices.try it and you will never regret,nice service and quick,nice steamed rice also you can order slices of green and red papper a lot of foods and maximum will be around 16 dollars each include the drink ,tips included in the bill they add 10% services

Try and thank me it is really delicious.you will love it and go back again i am sure.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a great family outing as you get to cook all your own food on in table bbqs. The quality of the cuts of meat are very good. The service is good and they are always willing to bring you whatever you want. More rice, more soup anything you want. Go on a Saturday night and enjoy some extra special items. Korean short ribs, chicken, lamb, pork, ox tongue, shrimp, calamari, fish fillets, mussels, pineapple, zucchini, red pepper, Sushi and Salmon etc...