“Delicious Food - Great Way To Spend Time With Friends”

Chako Barbecue Izakaya
Ranked #41 of 454 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've been to this location several times now. The food is consistently good and it is by far the best (cleanest & newest) of the Korean BBQ restaurants I have been to.

I would rate the servers as average at best. Their command of the English language just isn't to the standard that I expect and at times the service is slow.

I've previously heard complaints from other Korean BBQ restaurants that the food smells or tastes like the cooking fuel, however, I have never experienced this at Chako.

It is a restaurant that I will for sure return to.

There are newer reviews for Chako Barbecue Izakaya

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Love this place! We try to go here at least a few times a year when we are in the area. The kids love it too because they get to cook their own food...my son requests to go here for his birthday every year.
I've been to a couple other Korean Bbq places and this one by far is the best, and always recommend the place to others. They give you a good variety of meats, seafood and vegetables, and the price I find to be very reasonable. The service is always good and the place is very clean. The weekends get very busy here, so I would definitely make reservations or you will have a wait.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I Advice you to try this type of restaurant , eat as much as you can but the nice thing her you cock the meat by your self,so other new dinner still,you can order different types of chicken,sticks,pork .....etc!,if you go after 10:30 pm it is more economic prices.try it and you will never regret,nice service and quick,nice steamed rice also you can order slices of green and red papper a lot of foods and maximum will be around 16 dollars each include the drink ,tips included in the bill they add 10% services

Try and thank me it is really delicious.you will love it and go back again i am sure.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a great family outing as you get to cook all your own food on in table bbqs. The quality of the cuts of meat are very good. The service is good and they are always willing to bring you whatever you want. More rice, more soup anything you want. Go on a Saturday night and enjoy some extra special items. Korean short ribs, chicken, lamb, pork, ox tongue, shrimp, calamari, fish fillets, mussels, pineapple, zucchini, red pepper, Sushi and Salmon etc...

Reviewed December 31, 2012

It is great place to have Korean BBQ or if you prefer Sushi. Price is $$ - $$$.....the cooking smoke wasn't a problem at all