“Excellent dim sum -- best I've had in a long time”

Premiere Ballroom & Convention Centre
Ranked #190 of 446 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent dim sum -- best I've had in a long time”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Went to this restaurant off of Highway 7 in Richmond Hill with my relatives. As a Chinese American who has spent a lot of time in Hong Kong and China and who has ate dim sum in New York, Los Angeles (including San Gabriel Valley), SF, etc. I can say hands-down that this was one of my best dim sum meals outside Asia ever.

I will admit I did not order myself (and ordering is always 50% of whether the food is good at such restaurants), but what I did eat was really good: egg tarts (white and yellow), xian2shui2jiao3, chang2fen3, etc.

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
“Dim Sum... Quick seating but average food”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

As usual exploring new restaurants, my first impressions.
It's weekend and noon, the restuarant is almost full and seating is quick. There is a morning discount till 11am. and I guess that is why it's full but not busy.
Service is attentive and fast. Tea is good. Choice of selections is average. Delivery from kitchen to table is fast.Taste however is average, some too salty and others either bland or dry to my palate. It fails to match dim sum at my favorite Casa Imperial or the now retired Lai Wah Heen and Lai Toe Heen.

• Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Nice to have Early Special Dim Sum”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were there couple times already, food is good, service is good. Price is reasonable.
Average spent $10/guest including tip and tax, order before 11am.

• Visited October 2012
Toronto
“Excellent food in small quantities”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Four of us were there during the Boxing Week last year and enjoyed the food very much even though the servings were quite small. Most dishes, including the Peking Duck, had barely enough for the four of us and we are not big eaters. The scallops in a birds' nest was superb though. Service was, if anything, overly attentive, if there is such a thing. Also dinner was interrupted by a loud bothersome buzzing from the karaoke equipment next door and it took several complaints before the people behind the bar will take heed and do something about it.

We went there again this past weekend for a fundraiser with 80 tables. And that may be the reason why the food was below expectations. The shrimp in sweet and sour sauce was actually not fresh - the flesh was mushy in some cases (maybe one inf 4 shrimps) and most people at our table stopped eating it after a couple of tries - it was hit and miss. Disappointing for a restaurant of this calibre. When I pointed this out to one of the men in suits, he just nodded and opted to refresh our pot of hot water instead. One had to be impressed though by the efficiency of the service with 800 guests waiting to be fed. There were no lengthy waits and the waiter was unperturbed, focusing on his work and doing a good job of it.

I would have given this restaurant a much higher (very good) rating if the food had been consistent. In all fairness the service from the table waiters were very good. But the service from the "supervisors" were below expectations. That took away the extra star.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank rarecat
Toronto
“Almost guaranteed to get a table on weekends dim sum.”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This place is a huge banquet hall that also serves high quality dim sum. Even if you show up around the peak dim sum hours between 11-1pm, your wait time is very short compared to most dim sum places in the city due to their large number of tables. Their under the same owners as Crown Prince on Victoria Park. Dishes are all made to order from check list menu, so guaranteed fresh. Teas are high quality leaves dishes are very well done.

Visited March 2012