“Better than Il Fornello”

Fraticelli's Italian Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Fraticelli's Italian Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 446 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 16th Avenue
Description: Fraticelli's Italian Grill and Lounge is driven by one simple principle… create a great Italian impression. Or as the Italians often say… "fare una bella figura." Like our 13 provinces and territories, Italy has 20 wonderful regions, each one more adamant than the other that they have the best food in the country. Our menu at Fraticelli's is to serve you the best of the best from these wonderful regions. Our steaks are cooked over a high heat wood-fire grill made famous in Tuscany. Our pastas are fresh and our sauces are homemade ranging from the classic northern dish Pappardelle Bolognese to the southern Sicilian style seafood pasta, Spaghetti Pescatore. The pizzas are served Napoletana; style, thin crust and stone baked at 750 degrees. All made with the freshest ingredients available, authenticated with imported Italian plum tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, and the best grated cheeses.
gta
“Better than Il Fornello”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We visited this restaurant for my husband's birthday on Sunday night and had a wonderful meal. Everyone was very pleased with their choices, the restaurant is beautiful and the noise was not overpowering.
My husband and I both had the seafood pasta ($20), and I would have to say it ranks as one of the best I have ever had. Two people ordered pizza's, which were quite large for 1. Even the few people in our party that never take their leftovers home, made sure they had their leftovers packaged because they enjoyed the meal that much. Pizza and Pasta dishes run $15 - $25, so reasonably priced. Steaks were $25 - $30.
Desserts were very good too, I had lemon gelato, which is big enough to share and nice and light. My son had the peanut butter tartufo and it was delicious, I would definitely order that next time. Others had the Amaretto Creme Brulee, they liked it but found it more chocolate tasting than Amaretto.
The waitress was very nice, and spoke very clearly. She was also very helpful with our choices.
The only thing I think the restaurant could improve on would be the bread they bring to the table - it is really like a pizza crust puff, and there was a small dish of very bland oil to dip it into - they need a dip or spread with more flavour.

• Visited December 2013

Dallas, Texas
“conn3100”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I visit this restaurant every time I am in Toronto. My favorite dish is the Lasagna and they also have an excellent selection of wine. Worth the visit and reasonable prices.

• Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
“One of the best restaurants in town!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you're looking for fine dining, without the hassle of driving to Downtown, enjoy the beautiful patio while trying out some fine dishes, Fraticelli's is your definite choice!
I have been a regular for about 2.5 years now, and can't say that I have ever tried something on their menu that I didn't like.
Their service is outstanding, their drinks' selection is super wide and fine, accompanied by high end top chef selections.

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“HORRIBLE SERVICE!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Worst service ever, the waitress was so rude. WILL NOT COMEBACK. The quality of the food, service has been degrading, for the price there are much better places to eat. I also meet the rudest person ever Karishma.... She took 30 minutes to take my order, the place wasn't even busy. The waitress was so smug and had a really bad attitude problem. Bottom line, I am not going back.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank shokurf
Belfast, United Kingdom
“What a disappointment. Won't be back.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

After driven past several times and lured by the fab decor we decided to dine there. After having asked the waiter if the mash with Gorgonzola was strong her assured me I wud hardly taste the cheese. Boy was he wrong! It overpowered the whole dish which I found nearly inedible. I told the waiter this and he said it tasted fine to him. Don't no if it was another chefs version of it or maybe he's a cheese lover he had tasted but that and an average braised beef didn't impress me at all.
Needed a desert to fill me but that too was nothing special. Everyone I spoke to all said the same as me ie. overpriced average food and they (and I) will not be back. The only disappointment as regards food we had Ian r vacation to Canada.

• Visited July 2013