“Good hotel but so far to downtown Toronto”

Travelodge Richmond Hill
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Reviewed June 25, 2009

This is a good place to stay alone to visit a friend or family in Toronto but you need rent a car.
Although the distance, you can see the city of Toronto thru the Yonge Street, day and night

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank JuneHoLee
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Richmond Hill

Reviewed November 27, 2008

At first, the counter staff was lovely. Very helpful and nice. When we got to our room it was sort of clean, the bathroom was gross, everything was old and smelly. It stank of stale cigarettes in a non-smoking room. There was no hair blow dryer, and when i called front desk they were very rude about it. As the night progressed the front desk manager became a nightmare to deal with. Very rude and condesending to my boyfriend and I. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank notlove
Reviewed May 8, 2008

We stayed one night while driving home. My wife will never let me forget this mistake! Property is still under construction and it is visibly not pleasant. The room was old, old, old. The room was completed outdated (bathroom) and dirty. The desk table had big stains from glasses on it. The location is not convenient if traveling on Hwy 400 or 401. It is 20 minutes from these highways and you lose time getting back on track. You do share parking with the dealership next door which can make parking a pain.

The front desk persons were friendly, fast, and efficient. They answered all my questions with a smile. The Breakfast was nice if you needed something quick to go.

I know we only paid $70 but it was not worth it for me. I will pay a little more next time and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2008

We stayed here for 5 days. The staff was extremely courteous. The rooms were clean and well maintained. We had requested a microwave and fridge which we got as promised. Our stay also included a continental breakfast which was delightful. They seemed to be undergoing some kind of renovation so I am assuming the place is going to be even better in next few months. This place is about 30 minute drive north of Toronto which is why you get free parking unlike the downtown Toronto hotels which charge anywhere between $15-$30 per day just for parking. All in all I would give this hotel an A+.

• Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank dhuppu
Reviewed June 9, 2007

I must say, this was a great place to stay.
I was in town visiting some family, when suddenly they had more unexpected family come over. The Knights Inn was around the corner from there home. So I booked a room for 2nights.
well... 1st i wanna say they have a great staff at front desk. Willing to go the little extra length to make someone comfortable. The place is undergoing some renovations, the rooms are very clean, Quiet and comfortable. They have a complimentary mini breakfast included. You can make yourself Waffles.. Yummy!! So if you are looking for a nice Clean place to stay, I would say try this place. The value was pretty good too. Goodluck with your renovations And Thankyou Knights Inn. I will definatly come back.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank famine_fourhorsemen
Reviewed April 24, 2007

Ok, it's the first time (and probably the last time) that I write a review on this site. If I wasn't motivated by the will to put an end to the global unfairness of the past reviews, I wouldn't even waste my time here. But when people are nice, provide good service and make me save money, I feel like I have to thank them for that.

To make it short :

- the staff ( especially the asian staff ) was very kind and helpful.
- my room was super clean ( and so was the bathroom )
- my room was super big ( never had such a big room for this price before )
- my bed was super big too ( never had such a big bed in my whole life )
- there was a big TV screen too, with a working remote control.
- the surrounding wasn't noisy at all.
- I paid 580 canadian dollars for 9 nights

I admit that, since I'm French, I'm used to the French standards when it comes to room size and bed size.

Anyway, because of the past reviews, I hesitated a lot to make a reservation at this hotel although I absolutely needed to reside in its area. Those reviews made me have concerns for nothing and I don't want others to make the same mistake (to worry for nothing I mean).

Now, to anyone reading this, you can ignore the past reviews because they seem to be totally irrelevant.

I didn't like Toronto, I didn't like Canada, but at least, I had the chance to have a big, comfy, clean and warm room to stay in.

It's true that the croissants were awful and that the heater was a little bit noisy but the hotel didn't deserve such bad reviews in my opinion. People who complained should visit the hotels in Paris to see what "terrible" really means!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sleidia
Reviewed October 16, 2006

We stayed here because of good experiences at Knights Inns in many states as well as Canada. Parking was a problem, perhaps because it seems the auto dealership, next door, had used most of the spaces. Many other spaces were taken up because an Avis car rental company is in the hotel building. Handicapped parking was near the street with a very long walk to even the nearest room. There were no spaces delineated as being for hotel parking. It was like a maze to get to our room. 2 of the doors nearest the parking lot were posted to not be used. As is usual with most Knights Inns you get a micro and 'frige'. Not so here. The beds were comfortable but I dislike the method of using flat sheets that aren't even big enough to tuck under the mattress so you have to remake your bed every time you turn over. The room temp was impossible to control with the noisy room heat-A/C. Breakfast was nothing special, less so when the woman in front of us squeezed every day-old crescent roll. 2 police cars patrolled the lot day and night which was both comforting and nerve-racking. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
Comfort Inn Toronto Northeast
Sheraton Parkway Toronto North
Sheraton Parkway Toronto North
#1 of 7 in Richmond Hill

Been to Travelodge Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!