“Best Italian place in GTA”
Review of Sarpa

Sarpa
Reserve with OpenTable
Sarpa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 465 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is the best restaurant in the northern GTA. It is so worth the drive. You'll get top notch service and a very casual yet upscale environment. When it comes to food, words cannot do justice! In addition to their regular menu there are daily specials and great wine selection. This place is great for a simple family dinner as well as for a party since they have special event rooms available. Really best place to eat!

1  Thank JuliaA094

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The restaurant charges the prices of a downtown New York restaurant when it is in a small plaza in Oak Ridges. The service was not up to par and the food was ok. All my friends complained that it was sooo noisy and that the waitesses were hard to find when they need some service. When the bill came and it was over $300.00 for 4 salads and 4 drinks and coffee we almost fell off our chair. NEVER, EVER, EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!! You are NOT retiring on my pocket book!!!

2  Thank Madonna103
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was my first visit to this establishment & I must say I was not disappointed!!! My girlfriend took me for my birthday ~ so everything was a treat & surprise. And it most certainly was an absolutely beautiful one. The food, service & atmosphere were all exceptional. They have a wide selection of meat, fish & pasta. We shared grilled calamari ~ yumyum!!! For our main course we both choose pasta & it was just like homemade. Dessert was heavenly - we, again shared(Iknow women) the Chocolate/Rasperry Tartufo.....all I can say is OMG!!!!!!! We had Champagne, red wine, ended with delicious coffee. I mean after all it was a celebration! It was a wonderful evening shared with great company of my friend paired with wonderful food and service. Would definitely recommend & go back!!!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The food was incredible !!! The service was excellent!!!You will not be disappointed. Grilled calamari and grilled lamb chops with a side of Spaghettini and sea bass. Not notch culinary experience without having to go all the way down to the city.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I frequent Terra (sister restaurant in RH) often and heard of Sarpa but have not had occasion to go until today. I made reservation for an early dinner on Saturday. I took my 2 teenagers & my mother. Host knew me from Terra so greeting was very warm and friendly. We were seated right away at choice table. Servers were friendly, attentive but when the place became busy, a bit less attentive. (eg. at Terra, water will be filled when empty right away) To be fair though they were very busy. I had romaine salad and Chilean sea bass. Salad crisp and tasty. Bass was melt in your mouth flavorful. Accompanying risotto was good but not al dante. Daughter had grilled salmon. Also tasty but a bit overcooked to my daughter's liking. I like salmon medium with pink center so not so for me. Son had crispy chicken with mash. Chicken was supposed to be boneless but had bone. Otherwise nice crispy skin with very moist meat. Son like it a lot. Mom had Spaghetti Frutti di Mare. She said very good also. Shared molten chocolate desert with kids and that was fantastic. Dishes are familiar since some are also at Terra. Food is almost as good if not same as Terra for less. Overall, a nice setting with good service and excellent food. I think food and service maybe better on a week night when it's less busy.

2  Thank toronegro63