“Excellent Food and Service but pricy”
Review of Sarpa

Sarpa
Reserve with OpenTable
Sarpa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 454 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The food was incredible !!! The service was excellent!!!You will not be disappointed. Grilled calamari and grilled lamb chops with a side of Spaghettini and sea bass. Not notch culinary experience without having to go all the way down to the city.

There are newer reviews for Sarpa

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I frequent Terra (sister restaurant in RH) often and heard of Sarpa but have not had occasion to go until today. I made reservation for an early dinner on Saturday. I took my 2 teenagers & my mother. Host knew me from Terra so greeting was very warm and friendly. We were seated right away at choice table. Servers were friendly, attentive but when the place became busy, a bit less attentive. (eg. at Terra, water will be filled when empty right away) To be fair though they were very busy. I had romaine salad and Chilean sea bass. Salad crisp and tasty. Bass was melt in your mouth flavorful. Accompanying risotto was good but not al dante. Daughter had grilled salmon. Also tasty but a bit overcooked to my daughter's liking. I like salmon medium with pink center so not so for me. Son had crispy chicken with mash. Chicken was supposed to be boneless but had bone. Otherwise nice crispy skin with very moist meat. Son like it a lot. Mom had Spaghetti Frutti di Mare. She said very good also. Shared molten chocolate desert with kids and that was fantastic. Dishes are familiar since some are also at Terra. Food is almost as good if not same as Terra for less. Overall, a nice setting with good service and excellent food. I think food and service maybe better on a week night when it's less busy.

2  Thank toronegro63
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I live in the area and we love this place! The food and service are outstanding. I've had the chilean Sea bass several times and it literally melts in your mouth. Everything there is superb. I recently had the butternut squash soup there and it was heaven. My husband has had the veal parm and the serving is HUGE!!! (for like 2 people) I admit I find it extremely expensive. We go there mostly for special occasions so we know in advance that we are going to drop cash. With that said, it is an incredible restaurant. There aren't that many amazing italian restaurants in Richmond Hill, so it's nice have a local place to go to. I highly recommend this restaurant for people who are willing to pay the money for outstanding quality of food and service.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I actually went to this restaurant because not really knowing where it was located. I mistakenly thought it was a lot quite a bit more to the south, instead of being on the north side of Richmond Hill.

But nonetheless, the food here was great. We ordered:

Spaghettini Frutti di Mare
Tagliolini (with smoked duck breast)

The pasta was done very well. The texture was perfect. The meat (duck breast and seafood) was also cooked very nicely.

The wine list was quite extensive with quite a few half-bottles to choose from as well.

For dessert we had a warm chocolate torta and a chocolate cheesecake. Both were great.

The atmosphere within the restaurant is good. I was there as a couple, but I saw families there, groups of friends and also some business attired people. Everyone was having a good time.

The one thing I felt that was lacking was the service. They were not rude, but for a restaurant of this calibre, I would expect something more attentive. The food was not served by our waitress, which is OK. My expectation is that the waitress would come back a few minutes after to make sure everything was good. We were missing a spoon for the pasta, and we had to flag down our waitress to get it. During our meal, the waitress did not come back to ask how things were going either.

That is really my only complaint.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Sarpa is a great find in an unexpected location. I've eaten at their other restaurants (Terra and Rusty's) so expectations were high. The atmosphere is relaxed, the servers attentive and the food is excellent. However, the pricing is bizarre in some cases. $19 for a caprese salad? You don't spend that much in Manhatten. The salad was great but that's a little excessive.

I'll definitely be back and have already recommended Sarpa to others. It's a gem in Oak RIdges.