“Staff was extremely rude”

Sheraton Parkway Toronto North
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Toronto
“Staff was extremely rude”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was staying here for a conference, and we had a formal dinner. One of the servers spilled soup on my dress, so I asked for a napkin. The server didn't answer, so I assumed that he didn't hear me and politely asked again for napkin. All of the sudden, he gave me this stop-being-so-annoying face, and said "do you think I can get it for you right now?" Then he turned to other servers, and started laughing. I understand that he was extremely busy to serve a large crowd, but it was absolutely unnecessary for him to be so rude. I never felt this humiliated and never been treated such way by a hotel staff.

• Stayed January 2014
SheratonParkway221, General Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hello contrcty,

Thank you for posting your feedback from your visit with us. The event/conference service troubles you encountered during your stay are not typical of the service we offer, and I regret that you were unable to address these concerns prior to your departure.

We believe that all of our guests should be treated as V.I.Ps - I welcome the opportunity to speak to you directly regarding the bad service you encountered at our hotel so we can try to correct this; Feel free to contact me at guestexperience@sheratonparkway.com so we can further investigate the problem.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Suzanne Marshall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This hotel property is a great place. Everything you need to access is in and around the immediate area, from shopping to restaurants to gas up area. Rooms are nicely done and bathroom area is quite spacious.

Room Tip: Inquire about the Jacuzzi suites, they are worth the price difference. Club Level Floor rooms are w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
SheratonParkway221, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear 459H_T,

We want to thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor. Our guests and clients often rave about our convenient location and it is one of the reason we get our repeated business.
We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back to our property again.
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed here a few times as my husband is a disc jockey and usually gets a room when he DJ's at the hotel. Since we are here for business and don't spend much time using the facilities, I can compliment on the hall here and the great services provided. Although the rooms need updating, the bed was comfortable and does the trick. Clean and quiet, which is what we were looking for. Not sure I would make a family mini vacation here as there was not much around however it was close to many bars which made a good couples getaway.

Room Tip: Great place to stay if you need a place in the area. Great place for weddings. Attached mini mall...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hi Cheryl R,

Thank you for your great review. Also we like to thank you for your repeated business as you travel around for work.
We understand that after a long day of work or a long drive, guests that use our hotel just want to rest! And often time, they've come to the right place.
We are glad that you enjoy our hotel. As we are currently working on renovating our rooms, we hope you will be able to come back during the summer and visit Canada's Wonderland on our best selling package. It is great for the whole family, as it includes a great breakfast to get your started off right for a full day at the park.

We hope to welcome you back soon.
Calgary
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is my second stay at the Sheraton in the past three years, both on business trips. Given that it is a conference centre as well as a hotel would account for its sprawling size. Indeed, I actually got lost and confused in the bowels of the building trying to locate the fitness centre. Obviously large size/conference centre go hand in hand -- the disadvantage from my perspective being that it gives the hotel a rather industrial and commercial rather than personal feel. It certainly lacks any of the ambiance and personality of a good boutique hotel but in fairness, that's not what it is. My room was very dark, boring and blah with 70's decor and furnishings and is in dire need of a facelift. It had a depressing dark feel about it. It is also very poorly designed and laid out--as an example, the reading chair is tucked in the corner snug up against the bed as there is no where else to put it. The 'view', if one can call it that, from my third floor room outside the window was horrid, facing onto the roof of the adjoining building. Bothers me that wifi is charged separately. Note that breakfast is also not included. Sound filtering in from the hallway is quite pronounced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window that faces an outside street rather than a different part of the buildi...
1 Thank ClaireCalgary
SheratonParkway221, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear ClaireCalgary,

We would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to give our hotel a review.
We thank you for giving us a chance to improve and for staying with us continuously.
While we are currently upgrading our rooms, it has always been to the Sheraton standard. Our light fixtures and furnishing are all up-to-date with the Sheraton/Starwood standard.
Most starwood hotels do not include Internet access, our super hi-speed Rogers wi-fi Internet connection will let you work at top speed at a minimum cost.
I hope you can give our breakfasts a try during your next visit. It's had many priases and will give you a great start to your day.

Thank you again for giving us a review and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed here for a hockey tournament with my wife and son. Hotel itself was perfectly fine. Clean rooms. Bathroom clean. We stayed in tower. Starbucks in lobby. Only mild complaint was food in lobby bar: expensive and average at best. On the other hand the rate was reasonable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
SheratonParkway221, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Hi Jabrd,

Thank you for taking valuable time to give our hotel a review. We are glad to hear you had a pleasant stay at our property. We do offer Starbucks at our lobby as well as a 4-diamond award winning Crave Restaurant.
Upon your return to our hotel, kindly ask our concierge for directions to over 30 near-by restaurants and food-stops. There are a vast variety of food available within walking distance.

Thank you again for your review. We wish to welcome you back soon.
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was booked at this hotel for one night, as part of a corporate group attending a conference nearby. While the lobby was nice, the initial pleasant impression ended there.

I was directed to the far tower, where my room was located. Evidently, I was unlucky enough to get a room in the unrenovated tower, and boy did it show. When I stepped off the elevator, it seemed like a totally different hotel than the lobby I had just left. The carpets were extremely worn and dirty, and the hallway was dingy. If the company hadn't booked this for me, I would have turned around and walked right back out. Things didn't get a whole lot better in my room. The carpet was old and worse for the wear, the curtains were dated and dirty, and the TV didn't work (just wouldn't turn on). The bathroom was not well cleaned (hair that wasn't mine in the tub) and the bed spread was discoloured.

By the time I arrived, it was late and I had been up since 5:30am, so I had no energy to haul all my stuff back down to the lobby to complain. I just tried to ignore it and went to bed. I slept poorly due to being able to hear snoring from another room and being directly across from the ice/vending machines.

I was quite happy to check out early the next morning. Breakfast was included in our stay, so I grabbed a quick bite before leaving, and that was reasonably good. It's just too bad they have let the other tower fall into such a state of disarray. If I had happened to get a room in the updated tower, I imagine I would have had a different experience. However, the state of the far tower is not acceptable, and I am frankly surprised that Sheraton associates its brand with it at all.

Dear AllisonInToronto,

Thank you very much for your review on our property. It is important reviews such as this, that will help our property and staff to improve. I have passed down this review to our housekeeping and maintenance so we can improve on cleaner rooms and better maintenance on the hallways and public spaces.
Please kindly let us know next time you have any fault in our rooms. Our maintenance department will come up to fix any problems you may encounter. Or our front office and concierge will gladly move you to a working room.
Thank you for your review again, and we hope we can welcome you back one day.

Travelers are raving about these Richmond Hill hotels

Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed here for 7 days on winter 2014 because of emergency,
Here are list of Problems
1. - hotel has no humidifiers installed in rooms, after 2nd day we all had itching skin, couldn't breath at night because of dry air. All of my family members end-up getting sick... Bedsits are synthetic and causing static electric shocks.
2. Students sleeping in the hallway, everywhere. I at the front desk about it and they told me that they having some sort of symposium... It looks very unprofessional when you walk around and students seating and lying down under your feet.
3. Over billing - always watch for your final biil, these guys are adding 2nd HST in the end, on the top of HST they charge daily.
4. There are drinking water bottles in the room, but they cost 4$ without warning. There is no prices on them, and people ending-up paying for water daily.
5. Internet cost 7.99$/day
6. Bedshееts are NOT getting changed daily.
7. They have a sauna but it DOES NOT working. I reported, but they DID NOT fix it
8. Pool water is disgusting, they probably changed it 2 years ago. Size of pool is not a greatest as well. They keep adding bleach to the pool instead of cleaning it up...
Price of $160+TAX a day is a bit too much for this type of hotel

If you are looking for a good hotels stay away from this one.

Room Tip: Just stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Honest-Bob2014
SheratonParkway221, General Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Honest-Bob2014,

During the week of Dec 21st and Dec 28th the ice storm occurred. I would like to take this opportunity to say “thank you” for all the support, kind words and letters that we received from our understanding guests. I would also like to acknowledge that during this difficult time, we definitely made some mistakes, and some stays were not as pleasant as we would have liked or normally provide. December is our slow time and many of our associates were on scheduled vacations, rejuvenating with their families. Due to the unexpected volume of guests who arrived at the hotel within hours of the storm, the hotel went from empty to full in a very short span of time. In order to accommodate these guests, we called back many of our staff who worked countless hours over their Christmas holidays. During this extenuating circumstance, we focused on cleaning rooms that were checking out, so that we could accommodate as many of the guests whom were waiting anxiously with family members in our lobby waiting for rooms to become clean and available. While many hotels in the city took advantage of the situation and immediately increased their room rates, our property elected not to do so. We did not want to take advantage of our guests who were already distraught with their situation, and knowing that we were not in a position to provide our usual standard of service to the unexpected full house we were happy to be helping, our community. we hope that you will return the Sheraton Parkway Hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Hill
Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa
Courtyard Toronto Markham
Courtyard Toronto Markham
#11 of 15 in Markham

Been to Sheraton Parkway Toronto North? Share your experiences!