“Nothing special”

Sheraton Parkway Toronto North
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stay at this hotel when I am working in the Vaughan/Richmond Hill area. There is no real draw other than the SPG points. The staff have always been wonderful and the rooms have been clean. But the hotel certainly shows its age. If you are interested in a clean, quiet room for business then this is just perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sdflkjsdlfkj
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Parkway Toronto North

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Service was poor, at check in they sent us to the wrong tower. Our Starwood jacuzzi suite had seen much better days. The tub was old and dirty looking. Room rates are reasonable because of location but you should look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Snikt21
SheratonParkway221, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Snikt21,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience at our hotel. This is not the standard of our front office staff and we've passed on your review to our desk manager to learn from this experience.
Our spacious Jacuzzi Suites available in both towers feature our signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds and all white duvets, are the reason we usually get praised for our rooms.
Our location is just off of Highway 404 and HWY-7. Only a 20-minute drive downtown.

I'd like to apologize again for the bad experience you've had. Please give us another chance to impress you and stay at our property again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great location. Close to downtown Toronto via Don Valley parkway and East/West travel via the 407. construction on Hwy 7 in front of hotel looks like it is nearly finished. lots of restaurants within easy walking distance.
Hotel staff are extremely friendly and very helpful. This is the main reason that I frequently return to this hotel.

Room Tip: I like the rooms in the main building near the lobby ndrestaurant.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dallas3100
SheratonParkway221, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Dallas3100,

Thank you for leaving us a positive review!
We are glad you've always had a good experience at our hotel and we hope we can continue to make this you feel at home!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter's ringette team during a tournament. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. There was plenty of room in my room and the washroom was massive! I could have fit the whole team in there. The only problem was the severe lack of parking and it was a bit of a journey to get to the pool.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kellisaway

Dear kellisaway,

Thank you for leaving us a review. Our spacious rooms are very ideal whether you are on a trip with a sports team, leisure, or business. We do offer complimentary parking to all of our guests as we have over 1100 parking spaces, both indoor and outdoor.
We also have 3 pools on our property, one outdoor salt water pool and 2 indoor heated pools.
Our main indoor pool is located just below the front desk.

Please come back to visit again and let us help you find your way around our hotel the size of a city block!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel feels like it is in the 1980's at best.

Don't bother with a club room upgrade - the benefits (a free can of coke and less choice of breakfast if you eat in the lounge) is not up to the usual Sheraton standards

Rooms are big, comfortable and although a little musty, clean. Shower cubicle is like nothing you will see elsewhere - one big lump of molded plastic, think it's a design icon from the 70s...

There is a starbucks on site and average restaurant. If you walk a coupld of minutes there are a number of bars/restaurants and a cinema. The Keg is the best with excellent crab legs and steaks

You will only be staying here on business so it's here or the hilton garden suites so which ever takes your fancy...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bigmink76

Hello Bigmink76,

Thank you for leaving a review with us. I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience at our property.
Our Club Lounge and our club level rooms are superior to our traditional rooms. We just had a complete renovation in our Club Lounge and a menu and breakfast make-over. The Sheraton Club is where our loyal guests will go to relax and enjoy their breakfast and off-time on the 9th floor of our York Tower.
You can also try our 4-Diamond award winning Crave Restaurant, located just beside the lobby and Starbucks.
We also had our bathrooms renovated as well.

I hope you would come back and try us again, perhaps you could visit us when you visit Canada's Wonderland, we have a great Package deal for that and we can give a free Jacuzzi Suite upgrade if you book by July 31, 2013.

Hope to hear from you,

Reviewed June 20, 2013

First I was charged a $50 early check-in fee for checking in in the morning. (You either have rooms or you don't, this is just a cash grab)

Next was the fact that the room was musty with decor from the early 90's. The hallway smells like a Gym locker as well. I thought it might be just my floor so I went to other floors with the same result.

The last straw for me is that they actually charge you for internet. $7.99 per day. Again, I have not been charged for Internet in a Hotel for what I think is a decade and I travel frequently.

On the plus side, they have a great lobby with a Starbucks and are in a great location. The room was clean, but musty smelling.

I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Book another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Troy_from_NB,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've encountered at our property. I've taken this review to our Maintenance department to doing a in-depth investigation about the musty smells as this is our first complaint for hallway odor.

Our super Hi-speed Wireless Internet connection do cost our guests $7.99 but you can also use our wireless for free in the lobby area and Link@Sheraton.

We hope the next time you visit you will try us again and we will impress you the second time around!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have always heard that the Sheraton brand was undersold in the US from positioning and design so I was excited to experience a Sheraton brand outside the US. Unfortunately it was underwhelming. Nothing to write home about. Wore out interior, small room. This property is located very close to many restaurants which weren't too outstanding. Drink prices at the bar were fair. Good location. Staff did fine and was helpful. Concierge didn't have any recommendations for restaurants, they seemed disconnected. I would stay here again. There are options but for the price this hotel served its purpose.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa
Courtyard Toronto Markham
Courtyard Toronto Markham
#11 of 15 in Markham

Been to Sheraton Parkway Toronto North? Share your experiences!