“Not exceptional, but good value”

Sheraton Parkway Toronto North
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Richmond Hill
“Not exceptional, but good value”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

While this property is a tad dated, even with the renovations, it actually provides good value for the price and location. Lots of parking. All kinds of interesting eateries within walking distance. SPG elite recognition is generally good, and I often get upgrades to suites. The Club Lounge makes it easy to get a quick breakfast in the morning, or snack in the evening. All in all, as I say, not bad value. Just don't expect you're getting a multi-star resort or something.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank WLKSR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Located a few blocks west of 404 highway its easy to get to ...........except
You have to go first to sides strets and then back through the sea of cars parked in front of the hotels and convention centre. A small sign indicated free indoor parking. ... under the convention centre.

Walked back to the WEST tower. I was booked pretty quick and told go that way and you are on the second floor. Turns out she meant down the hall to the tower that's part of he convention centre. That wasted some time.going up the wrong tower.

The room was big with two twin beds. Soryy the king wyoou asked for is booked.

Business hotel with two double

Big room. Large flatscreen tv. with an awkward slot remote (aftermarket) with the movie rental and other stuff. Small coffee maker that bres to a Starbucks cup. Artificial? milk in a capsule.
Big bathroom with a soaker tub, and a seprate tiny shower stall too small fro an inside cabin of a discount cruise line. MArble walls and floor. Some soap and shamppo in small tubes that half of the stuff wont squeeze out.

Got a paper in the morning. Got a bill under the door for quick checkout.

Construction underway in convention centre. No evidence of noise or dust migrating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
SheratonParkway, Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear VoyagerCANADA,

Thank you for your feedback. Our convenient location next to highway 404 makes the 4-diamond Sheraton Parkway Toronto North Hotel a great option for guest travelling to North Toronto.

We are proud to offer official Starbucks coffee in all of our spacious guest rooms...always a popular amenity with our guests.

The Sheraton Parkway offers 312 guest rooms in 2 towers. The Richmond Tower offers showers with curved shower rods offering 25% more space than traditional showers, and granite countertops.

We are excited to announce the completion of our renovations to the Richmond Ballroom, and we thank our guests for their tolerance during this process. We did our best to reduce any inconvenience, and it is great to hear that you were not disrupted during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in the area.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I booked to rooms for this hotel using Hotwire, everything went smoothly. Room was large, clean, nice TV, good coffee and nice bathroom. The only problem I had was the pillows, personally I like the firmer kind and these were very soft and squishy, if you are like me - you might want to let them know or brin gyour own. The location was fantastic, staff was friendly and we all enjoyed our stay. I would go back for sure!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Lori L,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with us. I confirmed with our Housekeeping Department that we offer 2 different types of pillows for each bed. One pillow is the plush feather hypo-allergenic type, which from the sounds of it, you experienced. The other pillow is a foam pillow offering more support. Please let us know when you will be staying with us again, and we can arrange for all of your pillows to be the firmer kind.

Looking forward to welcoming you again.
Markham, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I was put in the York Tower in a queen bed room for 2 nights and I did not enjoy my stay at all.
I had booked this through priceline and assumed I was getting a 4 star hotel, but it felt more like I was staying in a motel instead and even though I did not pay full price I still felt like I was ripped off due to the quality of the hotel.

The room felt dirty and dated, the air conditioner was loud and room was very musky and not well lit. The bathroom was old and dirty, I have included pictures of the filthy shower that was not very clean and not kept well at all. There were older parts of the bathroom that were in bad shape or repaired very poorly as well.

The walls were thin as paper as we could hear anyone that even walked through the halls or closed their doors so i don't think we had any privacy at all due to this.

The location would have been good if the area wasnt in construction which caused a headache more than anything and the plaza parking lot the hotel was located in must not have been repaired for quite a long time as huge pot holes can be found everywhere.

I did not call the front desk to get a new room because due to me booking on priceline I doubt I would have received any better service or a better room to replace mine except something int he same building which I am going to assume is no better so I just limited my time I had to spend in the room and left as soon as I could. (I just threw towels in the shower to stand on while showering.)

2 Thank Steve181720
SheratonParkway, Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Steve181720,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. We value guests from all of the different booking channels, and treat all guests with the same great Sheraton service we are well-known for. You should not have received the room in the state you did, and I apologize for this. Our Housekeeping Team takes great pride in ensuring all rooms are presented to our guests in a clean manner, and they will be checking all of the rooms thoroughly to ensure all rooms meet our high standards.

Please let us know when you may be returning to the area so you can try another room to see that Sheraton offers its guests clean and comfortable accommodations.

Travelers are raving about these Richmond Hill hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Hotel has done some renovations but it seems like they keep those floors for their better paying customers.
Lobby been redone and it is very nice. Room on the other hand was crusty and old. This room was on the 8th floor so make sure they dont put you there.
Internet is not free.

Dear pbeigbabai,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am surprised to hear you do not like the decor on the 8th floor as this is our Starwood Preferred Guest level, and we receive many compliments on the accommodations.

We are pleased to offer complimentary Internet access in our lobby, including the Link @ Sheraton, where we offer 5 computer terminals, complimentary printing and WiFi and wired Inteternet access throughout.

On your next stay to the area, please try the Richmond Tower, which offers a different colour palette that may be more to your liking. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton.
Bracebridge, Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Booked the room on Priceline as the hotel itself was considerably more expensive.

Arrived late afternoon and stood in line for more than 15 minutes waiting to check in. The front desk appeared to be unable to expedite the check in process.

The King Suite is the smallest suite I have ever seen. Really no larger than any other room just divided into a tiny sitting area and a tiny bedroom.

The bathroom is a reasonable size although dated and poorly constructed. Many tiles had been broken and or chipped over the years. The hotel repaired them rather than replace them which made the room appear substandard.

The bathtub was dirty with black soapy water having dried inside, along the rim and down the side. The shower is tiny. I was unable to easily bend over to wash my feet without hitting my head on the walls.

The sitting area contained a medium quality couch in front of an old tube TV. Below that was a low quality microwave and fridge. The fridge froze everything I put in it and appeared to have no temperature adjustment.

Dried popcorn was on the floor under the desk and confirmed the room had not been properly cleaned for some time.

The bed was quite comfortable with a large supply of pillows.

I opted for the breakfast buffet special which was regular $16.95 on sale for $10.00
Breakfast was 5/10 mostly because of two factors:

1. The food was warm but not hot
2. coffee was self serve. No big deal but the cups are tiny and if you like to have a nice size coffee with breakfast you have to get up several times during breakfast to self serve

Coffee and drink cups were left throughout the property by guests and remained there for the full 48 hrs that I was a guest.

The out door pool is just sad. It is not actually part of the Sheraton at all. You have to find your way through the bowels of the hotel, go outside cross the parking lot to the back of the Best Western next door. Go through the best Western, pass security check point to enter the tiny, dated, in need of updating out door pool.

The pool is another disappointment. It's small, tired, old and outdated. The pool is surrounded by parking lot on three sides which is not a welcoming environment. The lounge chairs are in need of replacement. They had bird poop, drink stains and dried gum on them.

I cannot recommend the property to anyone.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
2 Thank Bob W
Dear Bob W,

Feedback is alway welcomed at the Sheraton, and we appreciate hearing about the details of your stay. We usually receive compliments about the fast & friendly service our guests receive at the Front Desk, but I apologize for the time it took to check you in. We are constantly training our associates to ensure we offer a quick and efficient check-in process, and we will continue to train to ensure this continues consistently.

We are proud to be able to offer a deluxe morning buffet option, and we will look into different coffee options in our management meeting per your feedback.

In regards to our pools, we are proud to be able to offer 3 pools for our guests. No other hotel in Toronto offers 3 pools, and our guests receive complimentary access to our Athletic Club featuring an outdoor salt-water pool, whirlpools, steam rooms, indoor pool, outdoor tennis court, full-size gymnasium and an indoor pool with patio deck. The outdoor pool is surrounded by trees and fully fenced so you are unable to view the parking lot. It is a rarity to find an outdoor pool in the city, and we are happy to be able to offer our guests this option to swim and relax under the sun.
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at this Sheraton in a 1-bedroom suite, in the York Tower part of the hotel. As many reviewers have already mentioned, staff are friendly, and our room was quite clean and functional, with a massive bathroom. The pool in the basement felt like no one cared about it, and the sauna was not working. The next day my wife discovered the separate health club which you access through the Best Western (strange!) which I gather was very nice. For me, this hotel has major bonus points for having an in-house Starbucks. There's also a Tim Horton's in the next building over.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear BrerFrog,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great recent experience at the 4-diamond Sheraton Parkway Hotel. Yes, the Athletic Centre is very nice and I am glad your wife enjoyed her visit. There is a second indoor pool located in the Athletic Centre as well. We monitor the pool and sauna daily to ensure everything is functioning as it should. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced, but I can confirm that the Sauna is now working properly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soo to relax in the sauna and splash around in the indoor and outdoor pools.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Hill
Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa
Courtyard Toronto Markham
Courtyard Toronto Markham
#11 of 15 in Markham

Been to Sheraton Parkway Toronto North? Share your experiences!