“Amazing Sunday Brunch Experience @ Crave”

Sheraton Parkway Toronto North
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing Sunday Brunch Experience @ Crave”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Just came back from an early Mothers Day Sunday Brunch Celebration at the Crave restaurant at this hotel and I was delightfully surprised and thrilled by the experience.

- the atmosphere is modern and beautifully bright
- the service was exceptional. Not bothering. Attentive. Accommodating. Someone even offered to help me get my food as I was holding my son :)
- the menu was amazing. tons of cultural dishes. Lots to choose from. Everything looked fresh and appetizing. Too bad there is just so much to choose from I was too full to try it all :)

Overall a nice experience for a fantastic mothers day. Will be back again and perhaps even for a large family party? would be great for a celebration.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cberenguer
SheratonParkway, Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear cberenguer,

Thank you for the great comments about our famous Sunday Brunch Buffet!

It is always a pleasure when guests share their experiences, and we were pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your visit.

We look forward to seeing you for the next occasion.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I've stayed in moderately nice, updated rooms in this hotel (while travelling with a top-tier starwoods member). This time, very small room. It was ok - clean, updated. TV didn't work, and wasn't resolved by the time I checked out - didn't matter to me but it might for subsequent guests. I've enjoyed the lobby restaurant in the past - this time I walked across the street to the host of options. Its good to have that many choices!! Friendly efficient check in and check out. Would I stay here again? Yes.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I went to this hotel on a business conference. It located off the 404 but construction leaves a little bit of chaos for walking to restaurants. No sidewalks. A positive is the amount of restaurant in walking distance. It is a nice hotel, simple rooms nothing to be desired, updated bathroom with a less to be desired shower head and grimey. When I arrived check in was quick, but word of warning the bedding is all feathers. I am allergic and it took housekeeping 45 minutes to get to my room to change my bedding after two phone calls. They only gave foam pillows as a substitute and no comforter just blankets. If you go for drinks at the bar, make sure you go to the bar because they will not come to you at your table. All in all it was a good experience catered food was delicious, there is a Starbucks available and a mini store.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank TheMrsCC
SheratonParkway, Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear TheMrsCC,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this feedback regarding your stay. We are certainly fortunate to have over 30 restaurants within walking-distance, and although there is some construction, most of them are still very easily accessed by crossing the street.

I must apologize for the confusion regarding the exchange of your pillows. We will use your comments to improve the efficiency of our staff. We do not have any feathers or down in our duvets, and therefore it should not have needed to be changed. I apologize for any miscommunication and for the inconvenience you experienced.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit so you can comfort yourself in our luxurious petal-soft white duvet.
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Have come repeatedly do to.location on highways, quality rooms, facilities, conference facilities, underground and surface free parking, Starbucks. Best hotel in neighborhood.

• Stayed March 2012
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed here for a hockey tournament March 16-18.

Good:

Rooms were very clean;
The hotel gave each team (there were at least 5 in the hotel) a meeting room in which to socialize rather than playing hall cop. This worked out very well for everyone I think;
I usually don't sleep well in a hotel (the different bed thing) but was amazed at the sleep quality I had here.
The price we paid was $105 per night, which is a very good rate these days for a full service hotel.

Bad:
Rooms were small-ish for a family of four.
Upon arrival, unbeknowst to us, the in-room fridge was unplugged and would not close/seal. I thought it was broken and called for a replacement which didn't come until next morning.
There is a charge of $8 + tax for the internet. I find it hard to believe in this day that it isn't free like in EVERY other hotel I've stayed in;
The parking is atrocious at this hotel. Very few and tiny spaces which meant that the guy parked beside me overnight dented my car the next morning. Not too happy about that.

I only give 5 circles for a 5 circle resort. It can be a 4 circle with better parking and free internet. There are other hotels in the area I've stayed at that are a better overall deal all things considered.

Room Tip: The rooms all have a crappy view of suburbia, none are better than others.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
SheratonParkway, Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Dear Kelly W,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am happy you enjoyed our complimentary hospitality suites and our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds. We do everything we can to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay. We recently upgraded our Internet service offering the fastest WiFi and hard-wired Internet access in the area. We do offer complimentary Internet access throughout our Lobby and in the complimentary Link @ Sheraton. Once you become a Platinum Starwood Preferred Guest you also receive complimentary Internet access throughout the hotel.

I apologize for the confusion regarding parking, but we do have 3 levels of complimentary underground parking available offering over 1000 parking spaces on property. For your next visit, If you are unable to easily find a parking space in front of the hotel, try one of the undergound parking levels; there are usually an abundance of spacious parking spaces available with easy access to the hotel.
toronto, ontario
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently for a conference. It is located close to major highways, super easy to find. Free parking is great - surface spots were limited but they had an undeground garage (hard to find the main check in desk when entering from this point and it seems to have no security and is accessible to the public which I found a little sketchy)

Anyhow - check in was quick and the front desk is very courteous to all requests - rooms were smallish but well kept. The beds were very confortable, and they gave you 6 pillows for one queen bed! Towels and toiletries were of excellent quality. Super clean even though the hotel is showing signs of wear an tear. No dust bunnies, no stains on walls, no hairs on the carpet. Housekeeping is really top notch and should be commended. Rooms were virtually soundproof - couldnt hear my neighbours all week although the rooms were all full.

Conference rooms were great, meals throughout were well made although a few of the banquet staff were less than pleasant.

Starbucks and Tim Hortons on site or nearby:) There is an escalator to a small food court, shopping complex which is really convenient as well. Room service was quick and efficient.
They even had a great menu for kids.

Business centre was great and efficient with really freindly staff.

I used a small pool, fitness facility on the first floor of the York Tower (where my room was located and where all the signs pointed to) - these facilities were small but good enough - only found out at the end of my stay that there was a huge fitness facility on the other end of the hotel:(

Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank justbeachin'
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Was there anything wrong with the hotel, no, absolutely not! But having stayed in a number of three, four and five star hotels there are some things that you expect!
The hotel staff are very obliging and wanting to help with everything. We stayed there for a week as part of a conference, and I felt the hotel could have had more to offer.
The food was very average compared to other hotels in this calibre, however when we requested gluten free meals, the quality picked up and we got fresher produce with more protein and fresh veg and salad.
The room was nice, with an ok view. Bed was very comforable. Shower enclosure was small, in a lovely large bathroom.
When requested, a bathrobe was sent up - but I would have expected that this sort of thing would be in place already, without having to request it. Free daily newspapers were delivered to us as part of the Starwood membership.
It was a bonus having complimentary water bottles in the room, and having the option not to have the room made up every day. in exchange for this, they give you a $5 voucher for the restuarant.
Gym is very basic, with four treadmills, two bikes and a couple of weights - so not really a gym, more a little workout room. It was rather nice watching the snow out the window!

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors would have better views than those on lower floors - and it looked li...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Markham
Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Markham
Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa
Staybridge Suites Toronto

Been to Sheraton Parkway Toronto North? Share your experiences!