“Nice but average”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Perth, Australia
“Nice but average”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Was there anything wrong with the hotel, no, absolutely not! But having stayed in a number of three, four and five star hotels there are some things that you expect!
The hotel staff are very obliging and wanting to help with everything. We stayed there for a week as part of a conference, and I felt the hotel could have had more to offer.
The food was very average compared to other hotels in this calibre, however when we requested gluten free meals, the quality picked up and we got fresher produce with more protein and fresh veg and salad.
The room was nice, with an ok view. Bed was very comforable. Shower enclosure was small, in a lovely large bathroom.
When requested, a bathrobe was sent up - but I would have expected that this sort of thing would be in place already, without having to request it. Free daily newspapers were delivered to us as part of the Starwood membership.
It was a bonus having complimentary water bottles in the room, and having the option not to have the room made up every day. in exchange for this, they give you a $5 voucher for the restuarant.
Gym is very basic, with four treadmills, two bikes and a couple of weights - so not really a gym, more a little workout room. It was rather nice watching the snow out the window!

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors would have better views than those on lower floors - and it looked li...
1 Thank TravellingJilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Woodmere, New York
Reviewed March 1, 2012

This hotel is located in Richmond hill and situated near tons of shopping and food. The people who work at the hotel are very nice and the room are comfortable. Has a basi work out room but good machines. I enjoyed the stay!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
SheratonParkway, Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Egellman,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your positive comments about the Sheraton Parkway Toronto North Hotel.

You must have visited our 24-hour workout room, but on your next visit, be sure to visit our 25,000 sq. ft. Athletic Club. Rarely does a hotel have a full service athletic club that guests can access. What makes it better is we offer access complimentary to all guests. You can use one of about 30 cardiovascular machines, use the weight-lifting machines or join one of the complimentary fitness classes like Spin or Yoga.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

See you next
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Our recent stay at this location for a hockey tournament was very pleasant. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the front desk staff were excellent! They provided very good service and were extremely cooperative with some special arrangements that we needed to make. Since the outcome of the hockey games determined our check out time, the staff also offered several options and were very accommodating. The hotel has a Starbucks and is also beside a Tim Hortons which was convenient.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear T T,

We appreciate your great comments and we certainly love welcoming sports teams. Hopefully you did well in the tournament. We are a sports-friendly hotel and completely understand the nature of your stay and accommodate your needs whenever possible.

Having both Tim Horton's and Starbucks onsite definitely keeps all of your parents happy with their favourite coffee :).

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next tournament stay.
White Plains, NY
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Excellent Sheraton property in the burbs of Toronto. Expansive hotel and conference center with many amenities on-site -- spa, health club/fitness center, Starbucks, restaurant, etc. -- and the rooms are very comfortable albeit slightly dated. Great bargain for a brand name. Plus Globe & Mail delivered to door each morning. It's NY Times of Canada and beats USA Today by a long-shot!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite if available. Front desk was very accommodating; checked in after 8pm and they were...
1 Thank KevinWPNY
Dear Kevin,

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing the Sheraton Parkway Toronto North Hotel. It sounds like you are a fan of the Globe & Mail, but if you ever want to keep up to date with the news in USA Today, you can get a copy from the gift shop.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I was at Sheraton Parkway last week for a bussiness trip. I arrived at 11PM on sunday and was unlucky to find hairs in the bathtub. I called the service and was change to the room next to it where I found for a second time hairs on the toillet. This gave me a really bad start at the hotel ! I changed room for the last time and was happy that I did not discover any hairs in the bathroom! It was 11h45PM !!
If there was no hairs, the overall cleaness of the room was not better. The shower curtains was discusting and there was humidity rotteness on te bathroom ceiling (yellow spot)... I had a lot of difficulties to open the wardrobe because it was old and the night table was not clean.
I changed hotel for my second week and while I was canceling, I express my reason (lack of cleanliness) and the person on line thanked me for telling my comments but explain me that sometimes its normal that the hotel is not at the top because there is not always enough cleaning employee. I would have prefer her to apologize for the inconvenience then telling me it is normal that the cleanliness of the room is not at the top !

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
SheratonParkway, Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Dear Gabrielle L,

I apologize for your recent experience. Rest-assured, we make every attempt to ensure our rooms are cleaned and inspected before the arrival of our next guest. We will ensure your comments are discussed and used as a learning tool to ensure future guests do not encounter the same deficiency.

I apologize again and ask that you visit us during your next trip to the area. Please contact me directly so that i can ensure you have a wonderful stay that exceeds your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Richmond Hill hotels

Grand Cayman
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I was stuck with a balance from Living Social, then this deal came up for this hotel (decided to use up and get rid of the LS balance - which itself is a horrible program, so don't join).

The deal included one night stay, breakfast for 2 and a 25 min. massage for each of us at the onsite spa and a 4pm checkout.

After you book and pay through LS, you book the night with Sheraton directly...I have to provide the LS "voucher number" at that time - which I did. A couple weeks later, Sheraton calls saying they have no voucher number for me - could I provide that info again (so I did).

Now, the hotel...I'm a VERY light sleeper...always begging to be kept away from vending, elevators etc. I foolishly also believe that the hotel (especially when not fully booked) would situate me away from other occupied guest rooms in order to reduce the chances of disruption.
NO SUCH LUCK! So on a seemingly quiet, off-season, off-night (a Sunday to Monday stay), they put me in a room where my lovely neighbour strolls in at 1am and between the loud TV and the non-stop talking, I was up until about 4am!!!!

To make it even better...the beds are rickety; bathrooms really need a reno; the onsite pool is filthy; you have to stay in the sauna for a couple of hours if you want to break a sweat; the complementary access to the raquest club sounded great - but when you see how run down it is, you'll understand why it's complementary.

The highlight of the stay was on the second day (remember I have a late check out of 4pm). I return from the spa and pool and I'm locked out of my room! ROOM KEYS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED. So there I am soaking wet hair in the hallway...

Called down to the front desk twice before someone could finally come up with new keys!!

Opted for the final bill to be emailed vs. going down to check out. That arrived with charges for the Globe and Mail that nobody told me about upon checking in - and HST charges for telephone when I didn't even touch the phone once!!

This was intended to be a little break/anniversary get-away and once again...the best of intentions prove to be the worst made plans.

Thanks Sheraton Parkway Toronto North!!! Well done...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Beach_Addicts
SheratonParkway, Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Dear Beach_Addicts,

Let me start by apologizing for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

I wish we had known about your noisy neighbour. We have 24-hour onsite Security Officers who could have stopped the nuisance immediately. Unfortunately, not all guests are respectful of their neighbours, and we act immediately to address noise complaints.

Our beds are Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds, and the tower you would have stayed in with the Jacuzzi Suite all have brand new beds. There must have been a maintenance defficiency that we could have fixed. We have maintenance staff available at all times to address issues once a guest has informed us.

The Globe & Mail newspaper is offered complimentary at our hotel, however some hotels charge for the paper. There is a Sheraton brand message on each receipt that we are attempting to have removed as it is not applicable to our hotel. We recently changed our invoice system so we are still working out some of the bugs, this is one of them. Rest assured you were not charged for receiving the paper.

We ask you to give us another chance so you can experience the great amenities and guest rooms our other Tripadvisor guests have enjoyed.
Toronto
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I recently attended a wedding and decided to stay overnight at the same hotel so that I don't have to worry about the drive home. If I had known about the difference in the level and quality of service, I would have decided to stay over at the Hilton Suites in Markham as I have a corporate rate rather than stay because of convenience! It was a very bad idea. = (

Room Tip: Sometimes you just get what you pay for.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
SheratonParkway, Manager at Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear Jasmine,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. The 4-diamond Sheraton is proud to provide a high level of service to our guests with enhanced amenities not available at other hotels.

As you were attending a wedding, we would love to welcome you back so you can experience everything that the Sheraton has to offer including our famous breakfast buffet, 3 pools, onsite Spa and 25,000 sq. ft. Fitness Centre.

Please contact me direct if there was anything specific you would like to discuss regarding your stay as we take all comments and feedback very seriously.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Hill
Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa
Courtyard Toronto Markham
Courtyard Toronto Markham
#11 of 15 in Markham

Been to Sheraton Parkway Toronto North? Share your experiences!