“Great location, food, room and service”

Sheraton Parkway Toronto North
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Richmond Hill
London, Canada
“Great location, food, room and service”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The location could not be better. This hotel is very close to the 407.
There are a number of restaurants within walking distance.
The food served at the conference was excellent and very nicely presented.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 1, 2011

The Sheraton Parkway Toronto North is a fairly standard Sheraton. It appears to have been recently renovated. The hotel's premise is basically a mega mall of convention/ballrooms. During my one night stay there were 2 high school proms and a wedding. If that doesn't bother you, then this hotel is fine. The club lounge had perhaps the biggest evening hors d'œuvre spread I've ever seen (despite a grand total of 2 guests coming in). The hotel has 2 fitness centers, a spa, and a bar/restaurant and Starbucks in the lobby. I was upgraded as a Platinum SPG member to a 1BR suite with a jacuzzi, which was awesome after a long day of meetings. The staff was very pleasant. My only gripe about the hotel is I couldn't figure out how to get in there from Highway 7, which the hotel is located on. Basically, enter through the gas station :-/. Oh and don't park in the parking garage (but rather in the outside lot). The garage is a long walk to your room.

1 Thank zephyr221
Ottawa
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I arrived at the Sheraton Parkway in the evening and proceeded to check into my room. I had driven 5 hours from Detroit and had to stay in Richmond Hill for a stopover for a day. I chose this hotel as it was a Sheraton. I am a Hilton diamond member but chose to stay at Starwood for its promotions. This Sheraton is adjacent to the Best Western and I wanted to same level of service that I was used to and chose the Sheraton instead. I have stayed at this hotel several other times before.

----- I could've saved money and probably should have stayed at the BW -- the service I received and the room was DEFINITELY not Sheraton/SPG standards.

I was tired and was looking forward to a restful and quiet evening. I got into my room, got into my pyjamas, proceeded to sit on the couch and eat my dinner at 9:30pm. Turned the TV on -- DIDN'T work. Picked up the phone to call front desk -- there is NO PHONE CORD on the phone.

Thankfully there were 2 phones. When I got the front desk person, the staff who answered the phone was rude and I requested the manager - who was "not available". He said that the manager who call me back. I NEVER did get a call back from the manager.

They did send a maintenance person who was in my room for the next 15/20 mins to fix the TV and the phone, while I ate my dinner in his company.

What an awful evening and terrible service! I was really disappointed and rather annoyed. I will NEVER stay here again. The Hilton Garden Inn across the street or the Hilton Suites by Vaughn are much better options.

-- A very disappointed business traveler.

4 Thank Sue Y

Travelers are raving about these Richmond Hill hotels

Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed April 24, 2011

The bigger pool and hot tub are located in an attached community health club that is very run down and quite a hike from our hotel room. From our tower we had to walk through the lobby to another elevator, go down to the basement and then walk all the way around through the attached Best Western. We had to pass conference rooms filled with people (in our bathing suits) and nearly froze on the way back as it is so far. The route was not marked and it was creepy. Would not let my teenage daughter walk through there by herself! Staff was friendly enough. No towels at either pool location. Not what I am used to in a 4 Star.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank 55carmen
Telford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I travel to the Richmond Hill area every month and have been staying at the Sheraton every time. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and well layed out. I have never had an issue with noise from other rooms or hallways. I have recommended this hotel to fellow co-workers.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank katiemin
brockton ontario canada
Reviewed March 30, 2011

We were greeted by the doorman and immediately were impressed . He answered our questions on directions to a resteruant we were to meet for supper with other family and had us laughing within minutes after our long winter drive to Toronto. The room was nice and the lobby bar was also a welcome, after our trip .We had been upgraded to a suite and the next morning the continental breaktfast served at the Club Lounge was great and exactly what we wanted before we headed out on the road again .

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thomas00798
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed March 29, 2011

As an IT consultant my commute is comprised of flight to any city, country and then back home at the end of the week. So, on a daily basis, I call my home any hotel that I happen to be at for that week, month or year(s)....At any rate, I guess you can now get the idea that I sort of have a bit of experience with hotels and travel. I came to find the Sheraton Parkway to be one of the best ones that I have stayed at and the reason is because the cleanliness, service of the staff, the food, and the fact that they have an arrangement with the gym next to it which allows me to use it for free any time. Overall...Great place.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa
Courtyard Toronto Markham
Courtyard Toronto Markham
#11 of 15 in Markham

Been to Sheraton Parkway Toronto North? Share your experiences!