“Unbelievable amazing sushi”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place never disappoints. I have had sushi all over the world, and nobody compares to the freshness of Tomo, and the list of daily specials. Worth sitting at the bar if you can, as you will get some great samples and fun conversation from the chefs.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Used to go to Tomo all the time, but the food quality is slipping. Service was not all there either. All in all had a good time.

Food:
-fish was rubbery...meaning it was not fresh
-rolls were mostly rice and a lot of sauces confusing the pallet (i am a traditionalist in terms of sushi and sashimi)
-Teriyaki was the best thing on the menu--it was well cooked and just right for seasoning

Service:
-our server might have had an off day!

Price:
-$$$

Ambiance:
-great

Opinion and recommendation:
-I would not recommend this place anymore; for the same price category, I would surely recommend Akasaka over this place

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Tucked away in a small strip mall, this Japanese restaurant has good service and good food. Quiet and quaint with a relaxing atmosphere. Food is very reasonably priced and good quality. Definitely worth spending your money on.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

My parents took me here for my birthday this year, and I found this place amazing. The food is very good, and there is great variety. The staff is pleasant, and the setting is nice. What I found the best was the quality of the food for the price. We ordered large platters of assorted sushi, rice, salad, salmon, and deed-fried shrimp, which was delicious, and cost somewhere like $13.00 a plate. I am definitely going back.

Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

We are pretty much regular there. My sister and I started going there couple of years ago and it's been the sushi place to go to ever since. Fresh sushi,sashimi, and maki. Servers and chefs are very nice and friendly. It's always a delight eating there.