“Great service, staff and clean hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Markham
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Richmond Hill
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa, Canada
“Great service, staff and clean hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed here several times and am always received with first class service from front desk staff, dining area staff and management. Requests are addressed promptly, acommodation is up to standard for this property, and friendly staff go the "extra mile" to ensure my stay is comfortable. Rooms are very clean, TV channels clear, intent quality is high, pool area is clean and environment is pleasing. All in all, a great property and location is near many shopping and close to highways. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Greenwich, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

1 night stay personal, I travel weekly for work. Positives, easy self parking, free wifi, clean room, adequate bedding, bathroom excellent quality, located close to major highways in quite corporate/light industrial park setting. This has the feel of a slightly older Holiday Inn Express but not bad overall for the price. I stay at this chain's hotels frequently and my one negative is that they have to do a serious upgrade to breakfast experience if they want to compete effectively with similar priced Homewoos Suites and Hampton Inns.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Longreach06830
AejazOperMgrFO, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Markham, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Longreach06830,
We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide the exceptional service that Holiday Inn Express is known for.
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed there for two nights from Aug. 9 to Aug 11. I returned to this hotel because the price was reasonable, the hotel was quite new and clean and the front desk service was pretty good. The hotel was fully booked during the time when I was there but it didn’t feel crowded. There are restaurants across the hotel, they open late so if you are hungry at night, it’s a two minute walk. However, try not to forget anything at the hotel because it will never come back to you. I find the way the hotel staff handled this situation is inacceptable and ridiculous.

When I got home on Aug. 11, I realized I that had forgotten my Wimbledon Championship towel with has my initials on it which I had left hanging it in the closet. I had bought this towel when I visited Wimbledon in England during its 125th anniversary. So, I immediately called the hotel to locate my item. The front desk transferred me to the house keeping manager and I had left her a message with a brief description of the lost item and my contact number. No one called me back the following day. I called back and spoke to the house keeping manager again. She was telling me that the house keeping lady hadn’t gotten back to her. I had asked the front desk that since I checked out on Sunday, the room was still not occupied. If the cleaning lady was cleaning the room and found a personal towel hanging in the closet, why didn’t she return it to the lost and found immediately? How difficult was it? So I called back on Tuesday to see what is going on. The house keeping manager told me that my towel might be in the laundry room. WHY?? How come it ended up in the laundry room?? I didn’t ask them to wash it!!! It was not even a hotel towel nor I didn’t put it with the dirty towels! She called me back within half hour and said she found a hand towel which did not correspond to my description. Was she an incompetent or what??? Was she trying to [--] me?? So she called me to tell me that the hotel found someone’s else towel and not mine…..I will never stay in this hotel again. This is ridiculous!!! How could they not find my towel which was hanging in the closet? Did the cleaning lady just threw it in the garbage?? No other guests had stayed in this room since I checked out therefore it was impossible for others to take it. Also, the first time that I reported this incident to the front desk, the agent could’ve just gone in the room herself or sent someone to check it out right away, instead of transferring me to the House keeping manager who was away. If I were the house keeping manager when I received this message, I would go in the room myself to try to locate the item then would return a call to the client right away. Also, why would this item ended up in the laundry room??? It just didn’t make sense. In the past I had forgotten items in other hotel in the USA and the hotel was able to locate it and shipped it back to me within a week. Anyway, this was the last time I would stay in this hotel and I will definitely not recommend any of my friends and colleagues to go.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Worldtluxtraveller
AejazOperMgrFO, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Markham, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear SamprasCanada,

Thank you for taking the time to leave our property a review regarding your experience. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We regret the overall dissatisfaction with the way your lost item was handled. We will address this immediately and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide the exceptional service that Holiday Inn Express is known for and to show you how great our hotel is.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were impressed by the efficiency of reception desk and check in formalities, not to mention their courteous and warm welcome. Hotel was clean, rooms were spacious and beds were comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located at an walking distance of several restaurants where you can easily find your favorable dish within your budget limit. The hotel appeared to be fully booked, fortunately breakfast lounge was also large enough to accommodate all the guests. Wi-Fi was fast without connection problem. altogether, we did enjoy our stay.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ninth floor, odd number.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear WandererBo,
Thank you for taking the time to leave our property a review regarding your experience on TripAdvisor. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Road tripping with a few mates we stopped here overnight en route to niagara falls. We booked our room through bookings.com and got a great deal where the 4 of us shared a dbl room, including breakfast.
The room was new and clean and the bed was heavenly- big comfy bed with beautiful plush pillows. The bathroom was well stocked with a good shower and nice towels. Great wifi too!
My friend and I took advantage of the little gym downstairs twice- only about 6 machines and some weights, but everything you need to work up a sweat.
Positioned across the road from about 10 restaurants, make sure you ask the staff their tips on where's best for dinner.
Breakfast was good. All the basics plus more baked goods and my favourite- the pancakes! Def worth waiting the extra minute or so.
Not near anything of interest but for somewhere to rest your head- great!

Room Tip: Make sure to check out the little "store" downstairs in the lobby- toothpaste, razors etc...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed here with a ball team recently. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The bedrooms were comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was delicious with lots of good choices. The hotel is located within walking distance of lots of good restaurants. Ask at the front desk; they provided coupons for free appetizers at The Keg and Baton Rouge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarah W
AejazOperMgrFO, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Markham, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Sarah W,
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Family weekend at Wonderland. Hotel was close and so convenient for us all. Check in was great. Young lady behind desk informed us of everything within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. Rooms clean, and we sure needed the air conditioning. Bed was so comfortable. WiFi was fast, which the kids love on their IPADS. Everyone enjoyed breakfast.
Thank you to all, we be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AejazOperMgrFO, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Markham, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear June C,
Staybridge Suites Toronto
BEST WESTERN Parkway Hotel Toronto North
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Markham
Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa

Been to Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Markham? Share your experiences!