“Souvlaki Not Good”

Add it.
Mr Greek Express
Ranked #330 of 521 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Reviewed March 9, 2018

We came here to try this restaurant which we have been passing by. Compared to other greek restaurants, their chicken souvlaki was a bit tough and very dry. Even with the tzatziki sauce it wasn't good. The Interior of the restaurant though was nice and cozy. The service was very friendly and the staff very accomodating but the food simply wasn't great.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed August 8, 2017

The last Mr Greek I went to was on Yonge Street.
It wasn't great so I didn't go back and now it's gone.
This is a fast food restaurant with seating.
I ordered the chicken shish kebab.
The food was crammed onto a very small plate to look like more food.
The portion of chicken is small with tons of rice and potatoes.
I really liked the Greek salad.
The chicken was rather bland.
If your hoping for lemon potatoes forget it.
They put (Just like I remembered) tomato sauce on them that has a tin taste.
To make it worse they put the same tin flavored sauce on the rice.
My elderly mother could not finished so she asked to take it home.
The waitress brought a Styrofoam container for her to do it for herself.
The prices do not reflect this fast food service.
Like my last time I wasn't impressed and probably won't go back.

I just remembered they ran out of Saganaki. The waitress said for a while????

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

We used to be huge fans of Mr Greek. But, over the last few years things have gone downhill. Their coveted dressing is no longer so coveted. Not sure what's different, but it's tasteless now.

I ordered spartan burger. They forgot one of the key ingredients, caramelized onions...and the bun was stale.

Too many options nearby to give Mr Greek another chance.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 17, 2017

I've ordered take-out from this location several times and have had issues before (asked for extra feta cheese on the Greek salad but never got it, asked for no onions in the salad but got onions). But each time they would credit my account for my next order. This time I ordered a fried calamari appetizer and a side Greek salad (which is my usual order). I told the girl on the phone that I didn't want onions on my salad. I picked up the food and when I got home and took the food out of the bags, I smelled onion. I opened the salad container and there were no onions, great. Then, surprise, surprise, I opened the calamari container and staring at me were lots of large red onion slices all over my calamari. I phoned to explain my disgust and asked when this change happened as on my last 10-12 orders of calamari (as recently as about a month prior to this order) there were never any onions on my calamari. I was told that it was on the menu and that the menu hadn't changed recently. At any other restaurant that I've ordered at, when I would ask for no onions on my salad, if I ordered any other dish that contained onions, they would warn me. I even mentioned that to the girl on the phone and she agreed that this would have been a good idea. She put me on hold to see if she could "pull some strings" for me. She returns and tells me I could drive back and they would make me another one! That's is their idea of "pulling some strings"!!! No credit to my account, no mention of having one of their drivers deliver the proper order...nope. On top of it all, I tried the calamari after throwing out the onions and it was so salty, it was clearly not the calamari they previously served. The entire order went in the garbage! The place was not even half full at 7:30 on a Friday evening....what does that tell you? Waste of time and money!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 12, 2017

Unfortunately, I pressed the incorrect location for this review earlier. This review is for the location at Bathurst & Rutherford, not the one at Vaughan Mills. My apologies to Vaughan Mills.

There were only two people in front of us and it took more than 5 minutes for someone to even acknowledge us. We were then seated at a table. After 10 minutes without someone approaching the table to ask us for our drink order, we left. As we were walking out, I heard a man at another table complaining about the horribly slow service. Last time here. There are a lot of other great restaurants in the area.

Date of visit: February 2017