“Delicious!!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Delicious!!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is the best Italian restaurant in Norfolk County, by far! The food is always amazing, I have never been disappointed! Do not pass this restaurant up if you are in the area!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Brad H

Port Dover, Canada
“Best Restaurant in Town”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have been dining at "The Barrel" for probably 20 years. Three generations of our family have enjoyed dining at The Barrel and it is always the request of our grandchildren to dine at The Barrell. We love their consistency of their menu. Their salads are excellent and we love the hot pepper on our house salads. We love the Tuscan Chicken on angelhair pasta with a good variety of vegetables. Their Mediterranean Shrimp appetizer is wonderful. The aroma of the restaurant lets you know you "are home". Their pizza's may be a little more expensive than others, but the quality on the pizza is top notch.
They have a children's menu along with an activity sheet not just a colouring book to entertain them. They serve local wines as well as others. Their coffee is excellent
**Note** They don't allow parties of two to take a booth on weekends as I guess they realize they can make more money off four people in a booth. Their tables for two are very skimpy.
Can order ahead for take out.

• Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Ok food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We dined at this restaurant last night and from the reviews I was expecting a little more. I thought this restaurant was a bit more fine dining where as it is more of a family restaurant with regular food.
I had the seafood pasta which did not come with a huge amount of seafood and the girlfriend has the Lake Erie perch which was servers breaded which. We're both surprised at as we thought they would have wanted you to taste the freshness of the fish.
Service was very good but I think we would look for a more formal restaurant if we returned to Simcoe.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank david2149
Hamilton, Canada
“Loved this place”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I ate here while we stayed in town and were pleasantly surprised at the food and service. The food was wonderful and our server was great. The pasta portion was plenty; it was hot and fresh and perfectly seasoned. My favourite was the caesar salad garlic stick. We will definitely come back soon and try the pizza

• Visited July 2013
Simcoe, Canada
“Cheaping Out”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Barrel was at one time the BEST restaurant in Simcoe and quite possibly in the general area of Norfolk. I would have put it up against any other restaurant. My last two visits - I have noticed the price has gone up and the portions are substantially smaller. I ordered the "Chicken Tetrazini" and there was hardly any food there. The salad had very little substance - just dry lettuce and only two pieces of bread. I was left hungry. My wife ordered the Chicken Milano - looked like a split in half chicken breast, 6 small roasted potatoes and a few fried mushrooms. The server never brought an appitizer, which we were charged (and eventually uncharged) for. Seems to me they are really cheaping out. New owner? Not enough food? The food quality for what was there is EXCELLENT however. Very tasty. Gus and Guido's in Brantford is a better alternative. For a few bucks more - you'll be full and have lunch for the next day. They don't cheap out on piddly things like - potato, salad, bread, noodles. I hope the Barrel smartens up, because people are noticing. The family that walked out behind me questioned the portions and the service - which is something to be desired.

• Visited July 2013