“Thai dishes and home brew!”

Blue Elephant Craft Brew House
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Simcoe
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Blue Elephant offers a number of atmosphere options to make sure you have exactly the experience you're looking for. Do you want a restaurant with a relaxing, homey comfort? Try our Dining Rooms. Looking for a bit more flair in your atmosphere? The Thai Room adds a little spice to your ambiance. Do you want to hit the pub for a relaxing pint? Our Brewhouse has a warm and friendly bar and a selection of delicious fresh-brewed beers. Mouth-Watering Made-In-House Dishes At the Blue Elephant, we want your dining experience to be absolutely perfect. That's one of the reasons we make certain that our entire menu is made-to-order, allowing you to make any tweaks to our recipes to suit dietary restrictions as well as your personal tastes. Excellent Food, Made With Local, Fresh Ingredients Keeping it local is a great way to support the Norfolk economy, but we'd be lying if we said that was the only reason we shop local for our food. Locally grown ingredients means that all of our in-season produce is as fresh as you can get without eating it straight off the plant. By supporting local businesses, we're reaping the benefits: crisper greens, more succulent reds, and an all-around unparallelled local cuisine. NORFOLK'S FIRST, AND ONLY, MICROBREWERY The Blue Elephant Craft Brew House went on tap in September 2012 and the brews are being poured faster than we can brew them! In traditional European fashion, our beer is brewed in small batches with no additives or preservatives using local organic barley, wheat, hops and pure water. Our fresh ales, lagers, pilsners and specialty brews are available on tap in the pub, and for retail sale in our Brew Store. Be sure to look for our rotating selection of seasonal brews throughout the year!
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The owner has kept this restaurant evolving over the decades. Thai food, traditional dishes, wonderful deserts and now also home brews.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have been to the Blue Elephant several times, as we love Thai foods. We have noticed that the attention to detail seems to have slipped. Our food arrived not hot, and not plated well as in the past. The flavour has slipped. The food is not prepared fresh, and I would guess that most of what I saw being sent out of the kitchen was not home made. Rather, it was prepackaged foods that were simply unthawed and/or deepfried and served. One of my favourites was missing from the menu- Broccoli and Beef dish that I always loved. I asked what happened and they were kind enough to offer it to me after checking with the chef. When it arrived, the dish was less than half of the usual portion once served, and was tasteless. Not iimpressed. The server was kind and helpful but overall, I'm not sure we will go back. When you get to be "great" at something, you cant simply ride that wave. You need to continue to be great and change and challenge yourself to be better, more. The Blue is sliding in their ability which is disheartening to me. They once were really really good. Sorry.

6  Thank Ontariofoodie2007
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My son just moved to Simcoe for work, we went to the Blue Elephant on a Friday night and had a great experience! The service was friendly and the atmosphere pleasant. The wings were a hit!!
My husband had the Medium, but would order the hot next time. Will definitely come back!!
Thanks

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Good food, but they under-hired for the event because my server was run off her feet! Our food was solid pub fare. We'll have to come back when they're not so busy to get the real experience.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went to have lunch in the pub, have been there many times, but not for awhile. My sister in law and I both ordered salads, mine caramelized chicken salad with almonds and it was a warm salad, very good. My sister-in-law ordered a salad also with chicken in it. Both of us enjoyed lunch and quiet atmosphere to catch up on old times. Good service, nice waitress. Will go back.

3  Thank 6roses18