“River Inn”

Best Western Little River Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Simcoe
“River Inn”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I liked the room. Easy access to parking but parking was a little sparse. The entrance to the hotel was tricky and road signs where blocking vision when trying to leave the hotel. Good restaurants where walking distances away. The WiFi was fast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
London, Ontario
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was in Simcoe at a Church related event and needed a hotel room. I almost always try to stay at the Best Western as they do have high standards for comfort and cleanliness. I was not disappointed by this hotel. First, I received a warm and friendly greeting by the young man on the desk (October 23/2012). He checked me in and gave me some directions. My room was reasonable. It had a large, comfortable bed, a desk, a nice chair, a fridge, and a TV with a lot of stations. The bathroom also was comfortable. Lots of towels. There was also the ironing board and iron that comes with every Best Western room. I appreciate that. What was also impressive, however, was the lovely restaurant in the hotel that serve an incredibly breakfast for next to nothing in the morning. Well done! My only complaint about the room is that it did not have a window that opened. It was a bit hot in the room in the early evening. Not having heat on, however, the room did cool down for comfortable sleeping. The Best Western certainly looks better than the other two hotels nearby on Queensway (Highway 3), the Travelodge and the Comfort Inn and according to friends who stayed in those who places, they didn't have very comfortable nights.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank keithoflondon
Toronto
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Hey now, anyone who gives this place a negative rating is a bit harsh.
There is literally nothing wrong with this small hotel. My room was clean, bright, and comfortable. I was in town for a wedding, and wished I had a chance to use the pool, it looked refreshing and fun. The staff were friendly, helpful, and competent. I did not eat at the restaurant but it was busy and the menu looked reasonable.
I enjoyed my stay at the Little River Inn, and would return. True it's nothing over the top/ fancy, but it does the essentials well, ensuring a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms have a complimentary mini fridge for use.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
London, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have been to many Best Western restaurants on my travels, to bad this one was closed down for a week for remodeling. I dropped in the other day and the establishment was amazing with the newer colour choice, and design layout. It is not as crowded as before. I have heard so much about the new Chef that I had to come and order off his Chef menu. Can not complain for six dollars a plate. The food was very satisfying, and the menu explained what was in it. I give a 10 plus plus to the new Chef, even though the waitress seemed not to interested in taking orders, all she wanted to do was sit at bar and talk to a regular customer, and sample his food. I would go back when I am in town again. LOVE THE NEW MENU OPTIONS.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hanover, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here many times for work. Staff are very friendly and accomodating. One change from this time from previous stays was they no longer have the continental breakfast. They do have a restaurant on site, however we are in construction and like to get out earlier and quickly and do not have the time in morning to sit in restaurant. There are many coffee shops in area that we could stop at on way to job. The rooms are quite spacious and very clean. The bathrooms are very spacious, bright and clean. A small complaint is their hairdryers. I have learned to take my own. They have a style like a vacum cleaner hose and they are very inefficient. It is a quiet hotel, you do not hear traffic outside. They have many types of rooms. Over the years we have stayed in most of the different types as we are Best Western reward members and we have received upgrades when availabe. As mentioned there is a restaurant on site. It is quite nice. We have eaten in it occasionaly over the years, but it is more for special occasions or holiday types. Not really for working class that are there all week. But again there are many places to eat in Simco. There is aslo a nice pool and hot tub area outside and plenty of places to sit and relax, and they are pet friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank snowbaby369
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We went away for a relaxing 3 nights and to visit Port Dover.Its not the first time for this hotel as we have been twice before.The staff are really friendly and the room very nice.We took the suite with the jucuzzi heart shaped tub......just had too so we could relax.The front room with a chesterfield and a chair,TV.Glass doors that opened into a room with the four poster bed (very comfortable) and a beautiful heart shaped jucuzzi in red,with mirrors surrounding it.
We were there last summer and really enjoyed the outdoor pool and hot tub and again a wonderful stay with a king size bed and the suite was really roomy.We are planning to go there again this summer.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Margret D
Whitby
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We went to Friday the 13th in April and booked into the Best Western. From the moment of check in the gentleman at the front desk was so friendly and funny to our pleasant check out.
We checked the first room we were given...nice room but overlooked the pool, we wanted to be able to see our goldwing. We were immediately given a room on ground level that overlooked our parking spot. The room was clean and spacious. We choose to order breakfast in the morning and the portions were good value (one tiny thing, I didn't like to see staff eating behind the bar area)
We checked out and when we got home noticed I forgot my Sony EReader. The sent it to us by purolator....Talk about customer service. Please note in our review we did not use the pool or the spa

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank S_R123Whitby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simcoe
Travelodge Simcoe
#1 of 3 in Simcoe
Long Point Eco-Adventures
Long Point Eco-Adventures
#1 of 1 in Turkey Point

Been to Best Western Little River Inn? Share your experiences!