“GUARANTEED SATISFACTION”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Smiths Falls
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have stayed in Comfort Inn's before, but this was BY FAR the best stay I've ever had. Upon arrival I was greeted warmly, and immediately made comfortable. The lobby has a beautiful view of the river, and when I commented on this offhandedly, the very helpful young lady at the front desk moved me to a room with an excellent view, without me even asking her to. The staff were quick and efficient and were available to me 24/7. The sheet's were clearly freshly laundered (a rarity in a hotel at this price) and the room was clean and comfortable. I was impressed with the continental breakfast, which was delicious and well stocked by staff! The hotel manager John was an absolute delight, and offered helpful directions to local restaurants and stores. I could not have been more pleased with this stay, everything about it was perfect. Finally a hotel you don't have to hesitate or second guess! I will most definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Emily_B155004
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great location with beautiful river view. Staff went out of their way to make sure everything was set up for our meeting and group business lunch. Unfortunately, the hotel is VERY tired. Decorations are circa 1970s and it shows. That said, the bed was comfy, the flat screen TV worked and the place was clean (well, except the strange stains partway up the wall!)

Room Tip: Make sure you get an upper (4th or 5th floor) room so you have a view of the river.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ken A
Reviewed April 15, 2013

...to find some older man in my room chatting with the maid while she was cleaning my room when I returned to it around lunch time. The man didn't explain just exactly what he was doing in my room, he just left with the maid after I said to the maid that I didn't really need any cleaning services done. I had not complained about anything not working in the room. The Motel made an odd error on my final bill saying that I had paid cash for one night-which I had done-and then saying that I owed them the exact amount that I had paid them in cash. Right. A younger male staffer from the front desk seemed to be left in the lurch cleaning late at night after one of the maids had apparently called in sick. I know that because I asked him why he was doing cleaning and not working at the front desk. Odd. The part of the Motel by the water was littered with hundreds of cigarette buts. Odd. Not much else to say about the place. I have to give it a 'poor' due to the room intrusion, etc, which is not meant to be a criticism of the front desk staff, who were courteous.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank footloose888
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I spent a few nights at this hotel and was very impressed with the customer service and quality of the rooms. They were clean, spacious and fully stocked. The view of the canal from our balcony was amazing and left me wishing I had more time to spend there! The breakfast in the morning was a nice touch as the amount of hotels offering continental breakfast these days are few and far between. I have an upcoming trip back to the Smiths Falls area and know where I'll be staying!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GlobetrottingFromSD
Reviewed December 30, 2012

As a travelling contractor ,it is not easy loccating a new hotel in a new town.When arriving in smith falls early July after purchasing an investment property .I needed somewhere to call home .As every one does visit all hotels for price and availability in a new town. After my decesion i decided this hotel would could be a possibility for my contractors and myself. I returned to the comfort inn andGreeted by a very professional man named John.I booked in and was immediately at ease when i entered the room It was clean clean and funny as it seems did not smell like a cigarette nor the last guest pizza .When i awoke cleaned up and showered i had left the room from the early evening feeling great. I have been back as a regular with no hesitations for contractors nor tired travellors for a 5 star hotel Thank you so much marc gravelle ottawa

Room Tip: Ask for John The hotel Manager you will be treated correctly right from a to z
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Marc G
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My stay in smiths falls was so much more than I ever thought. The hotel in right on the rideau canal and every room has a view of the water. The rooms were clean and spacious and the staff was very helpful. I know where I will be staying the next time were in town. Thank you Comfort Inn

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The service was excellent. Rooms are very good size and clean. The breakfast is excellent. The people in hotel are very friendly and helpsome. I could not think why we not stay in the place got view of water and boating. very nice view from out side the balcony.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good size.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
#4 of 4 in Smiths Falls
Perth Plaza Motel
Perth Plaza Motel
#3 of 5 in Perth

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!