“Great Patio! Great Food! Great Place!”
Review of The Kilt & Castle - CLOSED

The Kilt & Castle
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Been here many times with friends and family and enjoyed ourselves each and everytime. A real pleasure to have such good restaurant in town! Will be back for sure!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had yet to experience the Summer Menu at the Kilt and Castle -- my girlfriend and I went there for lunch and the Chicken Salad Sandwich sounded interesting so I gave it a try -- Wow! -- this sandwich was so delicious -- cranberry sauce bottom, cold chicken salad topped with melted brie and sliced granny apples on top -- the combination of these ingredients went perfectly together! I had two sandwiches with my salad -- I was so full after just one I was able to take the other half home for later! If this is any indication of the rest of the menu I will be back soon for sure! What a wonderful patio overlooking the canal -- what a great place to sit and people watch! The service was also great and we felt well attended to.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

If you are ever in the area on Sunday and in need to fill a hallow leg then I recommend the brunch at kilt and castle! The service was great and waitresses were very attentive, I enjoyed the wide variety of food ranging from everything you would want for breakfast, to nice roast beef and pasta salads, the peacan pie is literally to die for, which explains why it goes fast! I would highly recommend this restaurant and will be going back, thanks kilt and castle!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Brunch was excellent..... service was excellent.... Pecan Pie is to die for....would definitely go back

1  Thank Canadianblues
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Always a very warm welcome at Kilt and Castle and we really like the ambiance (especially on live music nights!). We were here for Robbie Burns Day for dinner and it was such a good time! I had a very smooth scotch, recommended to me by the owner!

I've found the ultimate comfort food this winter here so I order it every time I'm here (don't know a thing about any of the other menu items!) -- the Shepherd's Pie. It is served PIPING hot and with homemade Soda Bread (which I think is delicious!). But the piece de resistance of the meal is the Whiskey Brown Sauce that is served with the Shepherd's Pie. It's the most delicious whiskey sauce I've tasted! Such a wonderful meal on a cold winter evening!!

I would really like to break out of my routine and have the Pickerel with Almonds -- Sounds delicious and I think I will try that on a visit this summer!

1  Thank CestWhat