“Food not bad but rude waitress”
Review of The Kilt & Castle - CLOSED

The Kilt & Castle
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We are locals of the area and have eaten here on many occassions. My husband held my 50th birthday here, for about 20, and although the menu is not extensive most of it is good quality. The steak and ale pie is great, however the "Soda bread" it came with was YUK, I am Scottish and my Gran made soda bread and this was a far cry from hers! We ordered a plate of garlic bread to share, and at 8 or 9 bucks thought we would get maybe 4 slices, well it was about 7 toonie sized pieces, Rob Roys up the road was far better value in that regard. We were a party of five adults and three children aged 5, 3, and 18 months. Our total bill came to 200 dollars (lunch time). My main Grouch was the fact we were in the "Living Room" It is an old house and we were the only guests in that half, the little ones getting bored were wandering around the room, (not running or being rowdy) and this waitress told them to go and sit down that they weren't in their own living room, even though it might look like it, and in no uncertain terms either.
I commented that since there were no other patrons there we were probably paying her wages. It just rubbed us all the wrong way and we wont go there again. We will go to Chuckles Jack down the road where Chef Ram welcomes kids with open arms!!!

1  Thank roycolling

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Warm welcome. Service excellent. Soups were moorish, Shepherd's pies delicious. Huge portions, well priced. Simple but good!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is a small pub, it has a nice little menu and is great for boaters that dock to stop by for lunch or dinner as it is just across the Street from the Rideau Canal.

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice place for good pub food and good atmosphere. Been there about 10 times and always pleased with the service.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have had mixed experiences at this restaurant over the years. In recent times, however, it seems to be more consistent. The meals are reasonably priced and the ambiance is pleasant.