“Small menu - Big taste”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Other reviewers are right in saying the menu is limited. It is a pub after all, but the things they do are done very well. I had the nightly special - chicken wellington which was perfectly cooked and seasoned. My wife had the steak salad and it was fantastic. The portion sizes are a bit small for what they are charging and that would be my one complaint. Save room for dessert though, because they are the real stars on the menu. Sticky toffee pudding and the deep fried Mars bar are divine !!!

The staff are attentive and friendly and service from order to table was quicker than I expected. It was a nice meal. The patio overlooks a busy (but entertaining) corner and you get a nice view of the Rideau Canal.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The menu is limited but this probably a good thing as they do a few things well. I had the steak salad. It was very good and the steak was cooked to my specifications although the portion could have been a little larger for the price. It did leave room for dessert and the sticky toffee pudding was very tasty.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

the bar takes up a lot of the restaurant so theres not a lot of seating but the food was great.we had the stuffed mushroom to start then the fish and chips and to top it off we tryed the sticky pudding so good .there menu does not offer a lot of choices but what we ordered we would defenitly get again

Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

My family went to the kilt and castle last night for dinner and had a great experience. Our server was very attentive and made our experience a great one. The food was fresh and we did not have to wait. I am not sure what the last review is talking about bc we had a wonderful experience and can not wait to go back! You must try the steak n ale pot pie and the sticky toffee pudding! Out of this world! We'll be back!

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Good was terrible. Went there with four other people and none of enjoyed our meals.

1  Thank PerthDarter