“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent”

Tomasso's Italian Grille
Ranked #1 of 78 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tomasso's Italian Grille is an upscale-casual restaurant located on the banks of the famous Trent River in the heart of downtown Trenton. Built across three properties for multi level seating with soaring ceilings, touches of wood and steel and a waterfront patio - the setting is a perfect combination of city style and rustic Mediterranean comfort.The Italian influenced menu is a perfect combination of traditional classics with a modern flair. Dishes include pasta, pizza, appetizers, salads, and a wonderful selection of fish, veal, chicken and 'AAA' Angus steaks. All meals are prepared to order and everything from the pizza dough to the sauces are made in-house with original family recipes. Open daily, Tomasso's is perfect for: lunch with colleagues, dinner with family and friends, a large social gathering or a special celebration just for two.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I can't say enough about Tomasso's. The atmosphere is fantastic, the staff are excellent and the food is to die for. This is our favorite restaurant and we have never had a bad meal here. Should make reservations as it is uaually busy.

3  Thank Margie B

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Heard that the pizza and pasta were to die for...so tried it out. Everyone is right...this place is excellent. Salads, pasta or pasta....all delicious.

2  Thank Diana B
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Food standard is good, the pizza is about as Italian as you can get, however, it's at a high price. Not the cheapest place to eat! The patio is facing the waterfront (river Trent) but you don't see much of it as you are a little "caged" in. The place has a regular clientele which is probably why it is looking a little worn out. The floor was disgusting and there was food under the tables. There is a new restaurant next door called the Port Bistro, which is for me, a superior experience. I fear the owners of Tomasso's are getting complacent which is a great shame

1  Thank Hoofheartedfirst
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We have been going to this restaurant for quite some time.We had not eaten here recently because we don't live nearby anymore.We were quite surprised at the increase in price for the meals and that no longer includes a salad.My wife ordered the jambalaya and I ordered a pizza.We also ordered a Greek salad.The salad was excellent and my wife thoroughly enjoyed her meal.My pizza was ok. We also had a hot loaf of bread with garlic butter which was good.Overall the food was good but a bit pricey.The one negative was the service.After we got our meal, the waitress came to see how our meal was and then disappeared.We saw her about the restaurant but she never came back to see if wanted anything else.The food was good, however the service was poor. I will try this place again, but it was much better when it was just Jimmy's

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I really like Tomasso's. My family and I have eaten here many times over the years, but we always try to avoid the evening rush. We find it very noisy, especially Friday and Saturday nights. I always see a lot of get-togethers here (extended families, office parties, large groups of friends, etc) and they always appear to be the loudest and totally dominate whatever area of the restaurant they are in. Sometimes I wish Tomasso's would have separate rooms for those groups as they really do disrupt the experience.

I know some people call it over-priced, but that's not how I look at it. I don't mind paying $25 a plate IF THEY FEED ME WELL. And Tomasso's does.

Whenever we want pizza delivered to the house, who do we call? Tomasso's...or more locally referred to as Jim's. I've tried all the pizza joints and Tomasso's is #1 in that regard.

Overall, I think Tomasso's is one of the scarce upper-class restaurants in Trenton with food and service to match. We really need more restaurants like Tomasso's.