“A Nice Place to Eat”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife and I have been looking for a good Chinese food restaurant in our region since we moved here from Ottawa last fall. We read the reviews for several different places in Trenton, and decided to give this one a try.

The restaurant was accessible and not terribly busy for a Thursday evening. The mall location and dated décor may put off some diners but, once you get past this shortcoming, you are greeted by friendly staff and some very tasty food. We sampled approximately half of the 30 or so dishes available and found all but one -- the egg rolls -- to be hot, fresh, and extremely appetizing. The vegetables were crisp. The chicken balls contained generous proportions of meat. The rice was not over-cooked, as sometimes happens in mass production. There were several fish dishes to sample, although the General Tao Chicken was the only item on the menu with a little extra heat, for those who like their food spicy. I particularly recommend the Sesame Chicken.

I do not recall what I paid per plate, but it cost us less than $50 for food, beverages, taxes, and tip for four of us. They also offer a senior's discount. To put it all into perspective, I spent twice as much only a month ago in Toronto for food that was not half as good as this little place. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Curt_Mainville

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Very welcoming staff and appreciative of your visit and support.
Food selection is excellent, and always available.

I think they should advertise a few times in the local paper, or send menu out to homes, or have a special with a coupon to inform people in the area of their restaurant. I don't think a lot of people know about it, and how good it is. I have asked my friends, and some of them didn't know it was there, or it was that good; -- better than other ones serving similar type food. Now they are willing to give it a try. We've even taken a few friends there (at our expense) to introduce them to this place, and now they realize it is worth returning to another time.
Just hope it stays in town.

1  Thank piscesd
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is a small, well run operation that offers an all you can eat deal for less money than the average fast food joint. Real chicken in the chicken balls, great, fresh buffet items every time and super fast service. Truly a hidden gem! The food is second to none in town.

2  Thank Eric J
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I really enjoy this Chinese Buffet Restaurant, located on Dundas East in Trenton. They have a tad more to offer in their daily buffet selection than most other Chinese restaurants in town, and the food is slightly better.

I personally like their sesame chicken, and the spicy General Tao chicken is usually nice too. The deep fried wings are worth the nominal charge just to go in and pig out if wings are your thing.

The service is always friendly. It's just a young guy, that's all I've ever seen working there, and he seems to be everywhere at once.

The place is never busy and I think it's because most people don't like the location and/or didn't like the restaurant that was there before. Therefore, Lee's suffers just from the location affiliation. Hopefully people will soon discover it's much better now that it's under new ownership.

It appears, judging by the take-out menu, to have the same ownership of the other new Chinese restaurant over on Dundas West (in the small plaza, just before you get to Walmart, beside the Subway), but I can't recall the name. The menus and pricing are practically identical.

I don't like the idea of being service a Coke in a can. I wish more restaurants would realize that. It's cheap and not very welcoming.

Anyways, I go here once or twice a month. We eat heartily and leave very satisfied.

1  Thank Stu P
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is one of the best Chinese restaurants that I have been to in a while. The food was very fresh and the employees are very friendly. Can't beat $8.95 for a supper buffet. I highly recommend giving this restaurant a try. My friends and I hesitated to go in because of the restaurant before them but this is a whole new restaurant with AWESOME food!

1  Thank Trent M