See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 22, 2018

I only stayed here because everywhere else was booked in the area. I would have turned around and walked out, gladly forfeiting the 120$ I paid for the room, but I had my son with me and he was exhausted , and I couldn’t face driving around looking for alternatives as it was already 8.30 pm. The room was appalling. I’ve never seen anything so disgusting. The door looked as though it had been kicked in, and sort of repaired. The bedding was stained. Luckily we brought pillows, which we left there as they were likely contaminated by who knows what after one night there. There were several creepy people sitting outside various rooms who appeared to live there. Room smelled like hell, carpet was dark but I could tell it was filthy. I was certain one of the creepy looking patrons was going to walk through the flimsy door in the middle of the night. There were also flies buzzing around the room which was unnerving. The whole experience was hair-raising. NEVER again. Ever.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank stradalight
Reviewed July 22, 2018

We booked the king suite at this Motel for one night last night.We booked this room three weeks ago and had a confirmation text and email to go with it. We went to Sandbanks for the day and then we called after to see till what time can we check in. The lady answers the phone and when i gave our name . she says to me you cancelled that room. I said no i did not. Then she says that room you booked was given away before you booked and was cancelled . we have another room but will be allot more . I said can you tell me what kind of room as we have a dog and two people. She said you need to come look i will show you but it is not as nice. She then hung up on me.we called back for one hour and she answered twice said hello and when we asked again hung up on us . She wouldn't give a price or confirm we would still get it after we drove another hour to Trenton. We decided to drive back home as all the places were booked for the night . we then were charged for the room the next day. We called booking and they called the hotel 5 times to see why we weren't given the correct room. She hung on them 5 times. THIS PLACE IS A SCAM ...Do not put your trust in them . I do not want someone elses vacation to be ruined by the unprofessionalism and plain rudeness of the staff at this motel. They had no idea who i was travelling with and could have been sleeping on the side of the rd with children for all they knew.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

Spacious, clean and decently comfortable rooms at reasonable pricing . There are a lot of dining options with food outlets nearby.Trenton lake is at a close walking distance . The staff and owner was friendly.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank kathysL9647YQ
Reviewed July 3, 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Guest Inn on July 1. We got one of the newly renovated rooms. It was clean and pleasant. The motel was quiet and the price was reasonably, compared to the local chains. We would definitely stay here again, and would request a newly renovated unit.

Room tip: ask for newly renovated room
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan_Steven
Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

When we opened the door of the unit we were accosted by a nasty odor. We immediately advised management of this and they said they would give us a refund as there were no other rooms. Whatever the source of the smell which they claimed was the perfume of the last guest it got a severe allergic reaction from my body. They had been advised of allergies prior to booking. When we went to get our refund they changed their position and said they could not give us a refund and we needed to deal with Booking.com despite the fact that they had processed the charge minutes ago. We left to find other accommodations in the closest available room 50 k away!

The interior was unappealing - upholstered furniture was dirty and worn, the dresser was missing handles and the bathroom was sketchy.

Sleep in your car if you have to but never deal with facility or its management!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple