“One of the worst. . .”

Trenton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the worst. . .”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The service here is terrible here but the real issue is the food is disgusting, bacon cooked last week reheated to save money, the cook is completely incompetent letting every single plate go out with massive mistakes, cheap excuses to save a bit more money to the house, awful. avoid this place like the black plague.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank martyr1983

Emsdale, Ontario, Canada
“Disappointed after being a loyal visitor.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have to be in Trenton every few weeks. Found Momma's as a good breakfast place and have been recommending it to fellow traveler's. This past Saturday we have had one of the worse breakfast we have ever had any where. Order was incorrect and over billed. Home fries unable to eat so overdone, eggs floating in oil, asked for soft bacon received burnt bacon. Ordered juice twice and never received. Waitress avoided the table once meal was dropped off. Even after complained at the till got attitude like oh well so. Very disappointed in the absolute reverse service and quality we have received in the past.

• Visited July 2013
Kingston, Canada
“so so”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Service was average, waited for bill to arrive but was later told to go to the cashier. Also confused about the burger when it said served to your liking ( or something like that) but when I asked for medium rare I was told that you can not have it that way - burger did taste like it was frozen

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Harold_Hem
“Not good”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Dropped in to the diner while on my lunch break to order just fries to go. The server was nice enough and pleasant. But the fries I threw out, disgusting. I paid a little over $5 bucks for them and they were nasty (dry, overdone, they were so dark that they didnt even look like a French fries). I think I will stick to the fast food restaurants for fries in the future. I'm glad I just order the fries....if you can't cook a fry there's no hope for anything else on the menu.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank DietxPepsixDrinker
Ottawa, Canada
“I love omelettes...why not use real cheese?”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Well, I love a good hole in the wall / locally owned restaurant so I had to try Mamma's. The sign outside gives the impression of a nice cozy diner. The service was great :) I got to sit wherever I wanted and was promptly served coffee and the food ( a mere 15 minute wait ).

I got a cheese and bacon omelette. Definitely not how I had imagined it. A little overcooked ( had to cut off about and inch around, and to my dismay.....processed cheese :( If you are going to advertise omelettes..please please pleeeease use real cheese.

That was probably the only let down, although kind of a big deal. The home fries were good. I would return with some friends, but may opt for just regular eggs.

• Visited May 2013