“Not good”

Momma's Diner
Ranked #14 of 75 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: American, Diner, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Not good”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Dropped in to the diner while on my lunch break to order just fries to go. The server was nice enough and pleasant. But the fries I threw out, disgusting. I paid a little over $5 bucks for them and they were nasty (dry, overdone, they were so dark that they didnt even look like a French fries). I think I will stick to the fast food restaurants for fries in the future. I'm glad I just order the fries....if you can't cook a fry there's no hope for anything else on the menu.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank DietxPepsixDrinker

Ottawa, Canada
“I love omelettes...why not use real cheese?”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Well, I love a good hole in the wall / locally owned restaurant so I had to try Mamma's. The sign outside gives the impression of a nice cozy diner. The service was great :) I got to sit wherever I wanted and was promptly served coffee and the food ( a mere 15 minute wait ).

I got a cheese and bacon omelette. Definitely not how I had imagined it. A little overcooked ( had to cut off about and inch around, and to my dismay.....processed cheese :( If you are going to advertise omelettes..please please pleeeease use real cheese.

That was probably the only let down, although kind of a big deal. The home fries were good. I would return with some friends, but may opt for just regular eggs.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank DaRealAlliG
Stirling
“Great Breakfasts!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My family loves this place for breakfast on the weekends. My husband doesn't eat eggs, so they always give him extra bacon or sausage and homefries to make up for it. Some places don't, and then have the gall to charge you full price!!!!!

The place is always packed for weekend breakfast, so be prepared to wait for a table.

Great staff, clean washrooms, good food, decent prices.

• Visited April 2013
Trenton, Canada
“Great place for breakfast/lunch”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Ate there 4 days out of a 6 day trip. Very good breakfast and lunch. Friendly service too. I would definitely recommend.

Visited March 2013
Ontario
“Brunch Experience”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had brunch with my boyfriend and another couple for Valentines at Momma's. We arrived after our friends by about 5mins and they already had their drinks. Within a few mins after arriving we were asked as well for drink orders. Upon reading the menu, the waitress was at our table twice before ordering. The restaurant was busy but not too loud. Environment was family & senior friendly. I ordered the waffles with creme & a side of sausages, it was good. You do receive large portions but nothings wrong with doggie bags. I read some bad reviews on waitresses but our visit was great. After eating they do leave you alone but there is no rush to leave. My bf enjoyed his meal of eggs benedict but found the Hollandaise sauce was a little bland (this is a man that makes all of his own sauces so he is picky). I would return again.

• Visited February 2013