New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Trenton
Oakville, Canada
“Yuk!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Do NOT stay here. The lock on the outside of the door did not work from either the inside or the outside - as a single female I attempted to sleep with the furniture pushed up against the door.

The room smelt of a combination of of damp/ mold/ urine and cigarette smoke. I was fortunate to have my own sleeping bag and pillow with me - I used those on top of the bed instead of the sheets.

Couldn't wait to get up in the morning and leave.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Jo S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brighton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel has a real plus in location over most others in Trenton if your work or pleasure takes you to downtown or across the bridge into Prince Edward County. It is located in a convenient area next to excellent eateries and shopping. It is surrounded by handsome mature landscaped grounds with plenty of parking. The summer flower show is second to none.

Check-in was quick and efficient. The lobby is bright and roomy.

We stayed for four nights while I attended a conference. Our room was reasonably large, with a king-sized bed, a refrigerator and a small balcony. The furniture was quite adequate, although surprisingly bruised and battered for so early in the season. The carpet was somewhat worn and stained. The bed runner needed cleaning. While the room and bathroom were very clean, the balcony could have used a cleaning, and was never touched while we were there. When we arrived the room was very hot, and the air conditioning didn’t seem to make any difference, but for the remainder of our stay the weather was cool, and we were able to open the patio door. The room and bathroom lights are particularly good. The bathtub very much needs a grab bar for the stability of older guests.

Only paper cups were offered in the bathroom and the room. It is commendable that the management offers a blue box for recycling, but room service never emptied it in the four days that we stayed.

A room towards the back of the property seems to be much quieter than on the other side of the hotel where the highway noise is obvious.

The Trenton Park Motel is great value being so close to CFB and a host of shopping opportunities nearby. Canadian Tire, BulkPlus, Smileys (an excellent Independent grocer) and MacDonalds Restaurant are a stone's throw away.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Ottawa,Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed there 4 nights, businesses trip. Location is great and that is about it. There has been no maintenance done to the place whatsoever for the last 20 years or so. If you want a nice room, this is not for you. If you want as cheap as possible, this may be for you but...forget nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank AndreOttawa_Canada

Travelers are raving about these Trenton hotels

Orangeville, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I were staying here after a friend's wedding, we had driven in for the wedding from 3 hours away and all we needed was an inexpensive place to spend the night. The reviews didn't look too bad, but were incredibly deceiving! We arrived around 9pm and walked to get some food. When we got back and went to bed, I fell asleep very quickly (I had a cold and was not feeling well) and fortunately, my boyfriend stayed up and watched some TV. I say fortunately because around 11:30 he woke me up and told me to get out of the bed now, because there were bugs all over it. I jumped out of bed, and when we looked back and pulled the sheets back, the bed was crawling with bed bugs! We took pictures, which I will post soon, and went to the front desk and showed them to the owner, who told us that he had never heard of that before, but gave us our money back anyways and we started the long drive home. We had to stop and sleep at a rest station in the car, and when we got home everything that we had in the hotel room had to be disinfected and could not enter our homes. We had to take scalding hot showers, and all of our clothes had to be washed in super hot water in industrial washing machines, ruining a lot of them. I also had to pay to have my car cleaned to make sure that there were no bugs in it. It was all an expensive and large inconvenience, not to mention disgusting. So stay here at your own discretion, but I definitely DO NOT recommend Room #30.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room #30, it had bed bugs... and a lot of them.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Jocelyn_Marie7
Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I recently stayed here over the weekend for a fishing tournament and was very impressed. Lots of amenities and restaurants around the motel area within walking distance. We had a room at the back of the property and there was plenty of parking for the truck and trailer; room was very clean with a full kitchen.(not sure if all rooms have the kitchen options). Clean bathroom and newer a/c unit. There are also multi bedroom 'cottages' on site.
Great place to relax after a long day..no complaints at all! Would stay here again for sure

Room Tip: rooms at the back of the property have full kitchens (not sure if they all do)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RichChar05
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed in cabin 38 2 weeks ago. While the bathrooms had obviously been refurbished, and there was a new washer dryer in the kitchen, the rest of the cabin was in a dreadful state. The carpet was filthy and there was a general layer of grime on every surface. We could not lock our door from the outside. The stream outside the cabin was full of stagnant water and rubbish. I mentioned the fact that it was the dirtiest hotel room I had ever seen at reception next morning and just got a shoulder shrug. We could not wait to leave and we would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank pgbDublin
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

The rooms are nicely renovated, yet when we arrived there was a really bad smell of insecticide in the room that took a while to take out. The room looks overall pretty clean, but the shower mat was disgustingly dirty, so I had to carefully remove as I could not put my feet on that. Considering that the mat is only 2 dollars at dollarama, they could change it more often. The property is nicely located away from the main road but there is a very disgusting smell on the creek passing the property. Also, the hotel offices look dirty and give you a very bad impression when you register. Yet, the room is overall clean and convenient with fridge, microwave, coffee maker and kettle. Also it is conveniently located beside a plaza and in front of a Harvey's, A & W and close to Subways and Tim Hortons in case you want to grab something quick. Also not far from Canadian Tire and on Highway 2 ...which was the highway we took to get to Kingston.

Room Tip: Always ask for the ones at the end number 32 was ours and it was newly renovated.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trenton
Travelodge Trenton
TownePlace Suites Belleville
Comfort Inn Belleville
Comfort Inn Belleville
#5 of 7 in Belleville

Been to Trenton Park Motel? Share your experiences!